Dawn sky, watery blue streaked red and gold,
by the hand of God.
Mountain ranges like humpbacked somnolent dinosaurs
Left behind from a long forgotten age.
Leafless hawthorns standing naked in the wind,
branches raised in supplication to the morning sky,
await the sap of spring
The sun, gold clad, eastern ambassador.
Whose heat spreads like a soothing balm.
Breathing life and warmth into frost bitten fields.
Lake mist hovers in ghostly plumes, above Loch Conn,
Welcome cover for the hungry birds
Whose song is the orchestral soundtrack
to God's own watercolour dawn
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Watercolour Dawn by Noreen Carden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I wish to tell you, gajanan mishra
- LOVE....................., BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- My Mind Paints, Kyle Schlicher
- The Black Cat With The Burning Eyes Jump.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Chatia Baba, The Lord of The Woods!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Held You In My Arms, Kyle Schlicher
- i'm tired..., Cherryl Ann Ilustre
- Poetess, Angela Khristin Brown
- In the midst, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Dance, Angela Khristin Brown