Life A Journey
I am born.
My own clean sheet.
My road in life is incomplete.
I start my journey baby steps
Alternate routes to right and left.
Wayward steps lead me astray.
My parents, warned, worried, prayed.
My journeys changed now i'm full grown.
My steps are totally my own.
I learn each time i veer away.
Each lesson marks me in some way.
My scars i hide, my fair sides out.
I walk and learn what life is about.
Now i'm in my sunset years.
I've learned my lessons have no fear
I made mistakes along the way.
Each time my conscience made me pay.
Advice to youth if they allow.
Life is precious live well now.
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Life A Journey by Noreen Carden )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra
- One grid, hasmukh amathalal