Life A Journey
I am born.
My own clean sheet.
My road in life is incomplete.
I start my journey baby steps
Alternate routes to right and left.
Wayward steps lead me astray.
My parents, warned, worried, prayed.
My journeys changed now i'm full grown.
My steps are totally my own.
I learn each time i veer away.
Each lesson marks me in some way.
My scars i hide, my fair sides out.
I walk and learn what life is about.
Now i'm in my sunset years.
I've learned my lessons have no fear
I made mistakes along the way.
Each time my conscience made me pay.
Advice to youth if they allow.
Life is precious live well now.
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Life A Journey by Noreen Carden )
- I Turned on the News Today, Vera Sidhwa
- From A Son To His Divine Mother(Saroda), Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Of the Depression, Javed Latoo
- Blue Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- A Tiny Plant, Manira Khan
- Pure femininity, Erato
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)