Life A Journey
I am born.
My own clean sheet.
My road in life is incomplete.
I start my journey baby steps
Alternate routes to right and left.
Wayward steps lead me astray.
My parents, warned, worried, prayed.
My journeys changed now i'm full grown.
My steps are totally my own.
I learn each time i veer away.
Each lesson marks me in some way.
My scars i hide, my fair sides out.
I walk and learn what life is about.
Now i'm in my sunset years.
I've learned my lessons have no fear
I made mistakes along the way.
Each time my conscience made me pay.
Advice to youth if they allow.
Life is precious live well now.
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Life A Journey by Noreen Carden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- alone! ! !, SALINI NAIR
- Grace, Jacque Hardison
- Conjure The Music, Margaret Alice Second
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -49, Ronjoy Brahma
- Inner Beauty Growing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak