Valsa George Poems
- Poet Wielding a tool, mighty and spiky Mightier than either ...
- A Sudden Downpour Rain beats down on the window pane As the ...
- Dust Unto Dust The briny tears have dried The sounding ...
- Eagle On Wings Have you watched an eagle in flight? On ...
- Winged Words Like a creature hibernating in its ...
- To My Anonymous Lover Somewhere in a strange land An unknown...
- Sing Praise Unto The Lord Oh, my Father in Heaven, Guarding...
My encounter with poetry was sudden. I didnt write a single poem till 2007. It was the fatal year when I happened to be bedridden for about four months. Obviously I was quite depressed. To while away my time, I started scribbling something and I felt what I wrote made sense and that was my first poem-The Great Escape. It was making myself convinced that my life was not meant to be languished in despair. It had such poignancy and depth of feeling..as it came directly from my heart!
Sensitive by nature, small things can excite me. Nature with her myriad faces has been my greatest inspiration. I am tied down to my family and with moderate comforts, I am happy in life. Retired from a... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Wielding a tool, mighty and spiky
Mightier than either the sword or rod
He reigns, monarch in Fancy's domain
Sketching life in fanciful colour and mode
Which with pain and strife fraught
Or bright with gaiety and grace
In finer yarn than the gossamer thread
On the fabric of words in befitting verse
He steals away from the noisy crowd
In to the stillness of the cloistered cell
To dwell with Fancy's mystic charms
Weaving downy dreams at will
He recounts forgotten tales of yore
Of bloody battles won and lost,
Of lovers united, amour defiled, ...