Heart of ice
Black day when ice formed round her heart.
Black day when they were forced to part.
Her anger made her rail at God.
What did she do that was so bad.
People think she is alive.
They don't suspect she's dead inside.
That she inhaled a breath so deep.
A deathlike state a waking sleep,
holds her fast she can't go forward
and the past is past.
Scalding tears wont break the ice.
So for now this must suffice.
Until his touch her breath releases
as it breaks the ice to pieces.
Only then will her heart pulse
and warm blood course within her veins
Her leprous soul feel joy or pain.
Breathing out she will live again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Heart of ice by Noreen Carden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- When I Die A Teacher, Pius Didier
- Family, Kolade Seun
- Mothers!, John Ugolo Umah
- I Just Do Not Know, John Ugolo Umah
- Are you looking, gajanan mishra
- Not worth as human, hasmukh amathalal
- Multicolored, gajanan mishra
- The Light that was Lost, Alexandra Matthews
- Interdependent, gajanan mishra
- Perhaps Of ofasianperhapsswayshymm, sEaN nOrTh