Children Of War
Thunderous noises screaming guns.
Fires raging evil done.
Abject terror written plain.
On baby faces For shame. For shame.
Who will hold them close and dear.
Who will wipe away their tears.
Mothers dead.Fathers gone.
Their legacy is death and guns.
Pity them yes but who will speak.
Stop this carnage make it cease.
Boy soldiers kill and know no pity.
When they march upon a city.
It will be too late too late.
when hatreds knocking on the gate.
They will have their cold revenge.
On their pity will lives depend.
What will they know of compassion.
How will their dead hearts feel pain.
While we are busy chasing fashion.
Amassing gold with greed in vain.
God gave us hands to do His bidding.
He gave us hearts that we might care.
If we don't show then God is absent.
If God is absent.Who is there
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Children Of War by Noreen Carden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Kur te kendoja serenata, skender iljaz braka
- Kur me the te dua, skender iljaz braka
- Can anyone tell?, Somanathan Iyer
- Kujtome nje çast, skender iljaz braka
- Walls Between You And Your Dream, kayanja isaac
- Ku po shkojm! ? ..., skender iljaz braka
- Ku mund ta gjej demonin e arsyes? ....., skender iljaz braka
- Music is a miracle..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Irresistible Sweetness, kayanja isaac
- Not a journey by train, Stephen Brian Brady