Fathers Poems - Poems For Fathers
Poems about fathers. You can read the best fathers poems. Browse through all fathers poems.
Anecdote For Fathers - Poem by William Wordsworth
I HAVE a boy of five years old;
His face is fair and fresh to see;
His limbs are cast in beautyÕs mold
And dearly he loves me.
One morn we strolled on our dry walk,
Or quiet home all full in view,
And held such intermitted talk
As we are wont to do.
My thoughts on former pleasures ran;
I thought of Kilve's delightful shore,
Our pleasant home when spring began,
A long, long year before.
A day it was when I could bear
Some fond regrets to entertain;
With so much happiness to spare,
I could not feel a pain.
The green earth echoed to the feet
Of lambs that bounded through the glade,
From shade to sunshine, and as fleet
From sunshine back to shade.
Birds warbled round me---and each trace
Of inward sadness had its charm;
Kilve, thought I, was a favoured place,
And so is Liswyn farm.
My boy beside me tripped, so slim
And graceful in his rustic dress!
And, as we talked, I questioned him,
In very idleness.
'Now tell me, had you rather be,'
I said. and took him by the arm,
'On Kilve's smooth shore, by the green sea,
Or here at Liswyn farm?'
In careless mood he looked at me,
While still I held him by the arm,
And said, 'At Kilve I'd rather be
Than here at Liswyn farm.'
'Now, little Edward, say why so:
My little Edward, tell me why.'---
'I cannot tell, I do not know.'---
'Why, this is strange,' said I;
'For, here are woods, hills smooth and warm:
There surely must one reason be
Why you would change sweet Liswyn farm
For Kilve by the green sea.'
At this, my boy hung down his head,
He blushed with shame, nor made reply;
And three times to the child I said,
'Why, :Edward, tell me why?'
His head he raised---there was in sight,
It caught his eye, he saw it plain---
Upon the house-top, glittering bright,
A broad and gilded vane.
Then did the boy his tongue unlock,
And eased his mind with this reply:
'At Kilve there was no weather-cock;
And that's the reaon why.'
O dearest, dearest boy! my heart
For better lore would seldom yearn,
Could I but teach the hundredth part
Of what from thee I learn.
Comments about Anecdote For Fathers by William Wordsworth
Poems About Fathers
- 1. Anecdote For Fathers , William Wordsworth
- 2. The Landing Of The Pilgrim Fathers In Ne.. , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 3. The Fathers , Edwin Muir
- 4. The Fathers , Siegfried Sassoon
- 5. Our Fathers Of Old , Rudyard Kipling
- 6. Thanks To Our Founding Fathers , BRUCE MARTONE
- 7. The Sins Of The Fathers , Stephen Crane
- 8. My Fathers, The Baltic , Philip Levine
- 9. An Indian At The Burial-Place Of His Fat.. , William Cullen Bryant
- 10. Fathers And Daughters , Harry J. Couchon Jr
- 11. The Landing Of The Pilgrim Fathers , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 12. Children Need Their Fathers , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 13. To Whom It May Concern... Fathers, Mothe.. , David Beckham
- 14. (((...And A Happy Fathers Day To Yo.. , Theodora (Theo) Onken
- 15. Our Fathers Also , Rudyard Kipling
- 16. My Fathers Hand , Elliott B Wrinkleberry
- 17. Founding Fathers Philosophy , Terence George Craddock (aft ..
- 18. Between Mothers' Day And Fathers' Day , Bashyam Narayanan
- 19. The Graves Of Our Fathers , Charles Mackay
- 20. May There Be More Fathers Like This , Saiom Shriver
- 21. Your Fathers Son , Jerry Abrahamson
- 22. The Pilgrim Fathers , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 23. Fathers Song , Aldo Kraas
- 24. A Fathers Promise ' For A Daughter ' , Roger Horsch
- 25. Father Poetry: A Fathers Tribute , Loyd C. Taylor, Sr.
- 26. Lines On Overhearing Two Young Boys Argu.. , Francis Duggan
- 27. Fathers’ Day,2008 , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 28. Fathers , Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- 29. Dear Fathers , Otteri Selvakumar
- 30. My Grand Fathers True Love. , Albert Wong
- 31. Prayer For All Fathers , Trade Martin
- 32. Fathers , Scarlett Treat
- 33. ! ! The Desert Fathers , Michael Shepherd
- 34. Fathers And Sons (1976) Br(Alternate Tit.. , Max Reif
- 35. Your Fathers (1985) , Max Reif
- 36. Heavenly Fathers' Day Forever , Michael Shepherd
- 37. Sins Of The Fathers , Laurence Overmire
- 38. 0016 Fathers, Sons, And Families , Michael Shepherd
- 39. Fathers , AHO Speaks
- 40. Fathers , A Poet Who Loves To Sing ... ..
- 41. Descendents Of Their Founding Fathers , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 42. Fathers’ Day,2009 , Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar ..
- 43. The Spirits Of Our Fathers , Henry Lawson
- 44. You Got Two Fathers , Aldo Kraas
- 45. Sins Of Fathers , Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 46. Fathers Dilemma (Daughters Stages) , louis rams
- 47. A Fathers Torment , louis rams
- 48. Fathers’ Day , Bashyam Narayanan
- 49. It Never Rains On Fathers Day , Stanley Cooper
- 50. A Fathers Daughter , louis rams
New Fathers Poems
- A Country In Distress, Loke Kok yee
- Scenic Irony!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Fathers - Fathers As Good Role Models, Paul Warren
- Fathers, We Have A Question For You, Monica Rupazo
- Plight Of My Generation, Damilare Tella
- Dawn Of A New Age, victoria goddy
- 1000 Years Of Peace, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Fatherless, Charity Nduhiu
- It Takes More Than Titles, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fathers Day, Phil Soar
- carpe diem