She walks the shore.
While tears flow free.
She wonders if the waves can see.
Do they know this truth profound
Her scattered hopes cannot be found.
Dreams discarded make no sense.
Plans postponed cannot be spent.
Tides ebb and flow no matter what,
For human plans don't care a jot.
So she turns to greet the day.
The water laps then slips away.
Tides keep turning with the moon.
Her life is changed and very soon,
Her love will leave her heart behind.
She carries on though tears may blind.
She will prevail.
She will grow strong.
Once again she will hear loves song.
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
looking so sad and i wondered why so this is what i came up with`
Comments about this poem (Hope by Noreen Carden )
- I am a Word Cultivator, Md. Ziaul Haque
- As limit, hasmukh amathalal
- The wisdom of Parables, Melikhaya Zagagana
- A Friend Of Mine, Cynthia Pardede
- Democracies All Must Fail, Is It Poetry
- Conviction's Diatribe, michael walkerjohn
- Think right, hasmukh amathalal
- BYE! BYE! ! BYE! ! ! EBOLA! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- The Occident's Secession, michael walkerjohn
- One's Mind, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)