She walks the shore.
While tears flow free.
She wonders if the waves can see.
Do they know this truth profound
Her scattered hopes cannot be found.
Dreams discarded make no sense.
Plans postponed cannot be spent.
Tides ebb and flow no matter what,
For human plans don't care a jot.
So she turns to greet the day.
The water laps then slips away.
Tides keep turning with the moon.
Her life is changed and very soon,
Her love will leave her heart behind.
She carries on though tears may blind.
She will prevail.
She will grow strong.
Once again she will hear loves song.
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
looking so sad and i wondered why so this is what i came up with`
Comments about this poem (Hope by Noreen Carden )
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
- The universe is conspiring in our favor, Sagrario Garcia
- A Disagreement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- O Death Oh Loser, Adeosun Olamide
- How Many Things Are Still Left (The End .., Stephen Warren Williams
- Will I With It Sit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- groundnut seller, umoh cyril
- imoremi, umoh cyril
- Palm's Greeting, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The land of the stars is the land of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)