She walks the shore.
While tears flow free.
She wonders if the waves can see.
Do they know this truth profound
Her scattered hopes cannot be found.
Dreams discarded make no sense.
Plans postponed cannot be spent.
Tides ebb and flow no matter what,
For human plans don't care a jot.
So she turns to greet the day.
The water laps then slips away.
Tides keep turning with the moon.
Her life is changed and very soon,
Her love will leave her heart behind.
She carries on though tears may blind.
She will prevail.
She will grow strong.
Once again she will hear loves song.
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
looking so sad and i wondered why so this is what i came up with`
Comments about this poem (Hope by Noreen Carden )
- 네임드사다리게임~, nicki hawk
- Drug abuse, hasmukh amathalal
- Welwichia Mirabilis, Bobsammy Munyoki
- Remain pure, hasmukh amathalal
- Under The Canopy Of Thunder, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Reality, Fantasy Or Illusion?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Die Stille Rusplaas, Eugene Marais
- Mabalel, Eugene Marais
- Skoppensboer, Eugene Marais
- The Dance of the Rain, Eugene Marais
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)