She walks the shore.
While tears flow free.
She wonders if the waves can see.
Do they know this truth profound
Her scattered hopes cannot be found.
Dreams discarded make no sense.
Plans postponed cannot be spent.
Tides ebb and flow no matter what,
For human plans don't care a jot.
So she turns to greet the day.
The water laps then slips away.
Tides keep turning with the moon.
Her life is changed and very soon,
Her love will leave her heart behind.
She carries on though tears may blind.
She will prevail.
She will grow strong.
Once again she will hear loves song.
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
looking so sad and i wondered why so this is what i came up with`
Comments about this poem (Hope by Noreen Carden )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)