Smoky Hoss Poems
- Great Lakes In the big lake wide waves flow, into an ...
- Country Living Cats and dogs Chickens and hogs Lumps in the...
- Freedom Of Expression What some so casually name 'bad ...
- Onward Don't we all wonder, remotely - in ways we cannot ...
- Drifting Away ' For the beginning is assuredly the end ...
- Cat & I There we sat Just me and the cat, Upon a bench ...
- Aging Poet Come and see the old poet Laying in his bed of ...
A lack of literary artifice is no sin,
So long as the way of the words invite the soul in.
'Poets are used to discovering, years after a poem is written, what it's really about.'
-Kathleen Norris (from: 'The Cloister Walk')
'To live is to fly
Both low and high.'
-Townes Van Zandt
'You ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
In the big lake
wide waves flow,
into an unruly caprice
that ever onward grows and goes -
an eternal immensity
where, it seems, life and death converse and blend -
Always it rises
to fall back upon itself again and again,
by a greater force within the wind -
When you step into the waters
nothing is ever the same;
the feeling of flying
washes you away far, to a place with no name -
The water is something
that connects anything
depth to height
width to length
weakness to ...