Patti Masterman Poems
- A House Breathes Through Its B... A house breathes through ...
- Anti-Love Poem #1 When you've loved someone, As much as ...
- A Dream For You A dream for you And one for me; A ...
- A Bear Came To Dinner A bear came to dinner; He ate before ...
- I Am That Behind the movies scenes, behind the protagonist's ...
- How The World Engraves Itself ...
- How Much Are Words Like Bridge... How much are words like ...
THIS means you
I sit before a brilliant sheet of paper.
You are going to write a fine poem, I say:
This means you.
Left and right, I cast about;
The words elusive, will not show,
The clocks hands running
Fast and slow.
I sit and study, lean and blink;
Everything's asleep, I think.
Sun goes higher, sun goes down-
And look:... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'''...all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.'''Bloom's soliloquy
''Sometimes when someone sings, you can catch a glimpse of their soul.. as it flies by...''P Masterman
A House Breathes Through Its Bones
A house breathes through its bones,
Its summits sit like sentries;
Though rafters decompose-
It never denies entry.
Its ghosts lie in their beds,
Soft earth beneath their memory;
The shutters firmly closed-
The past seen only dimly.