Whispers of hate
A playground whisper is going around.
Don't play with him.
As he's pushed to the ground.
Now he stands on the outskirts,
While fingers point.
Words are a dagger to pierce his young heart
Where do they come from those whispers of hate.
They come from pure evil make no mistake.
A child who is nurtured will shine in the world.
To touch each one he meets with the strength of his love.
Who are the victims of whispers of hate.
Ask Jewish people they will tell you their fate.
Ask those who were victims of wars one and two.
Ask every person ask me and you.
When the whispers pile up they turn into hate.
They fester and bleed and a cancer create.
They infect all who listen and cause a great plague.
To wipe out mankind, bring an end to all days.
Turn away from all whispers of anger and hate.
Don't let the sickness infect you today.
Meet every person with kindness of thought.
For purveyors of hatred show you care not.
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whispers of hate by Noreen Carden )
Did you read them?
- What is Karma?, DOMINIC K V
- Flower Vendor, DOMINIC K V
- Winter´s Sunshine, Peter S. Quinn
- Another World, Bareerah Bilal
- I am so unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Assign All Guilt, Margaret Alice Second
- Find everything, gajanan mishra
- Art Is My True Love, Rohit Sapra
- Give no title, hasmukh amathalal
- Pause, Don Tiedemann
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)