Whispers of hate
A playground whisper is going around.
Don't play with him.
As he's pushed to the ground.
Now he stands on the outskirts,
While fingers point.
Words are a dagger to pierce his young heart
Where do they come from those whispers of hate.
They come from pure evil make no mistake.
A child who is nurtured will shine in the world.
To touch each one he meets with the strength of his love.
Who are the victims of whispers of hate.
Ask Jewish people they will tell you their fate.
Ask those who were victims of wars one and two.
Ask every person ask me and you.
When the whispers pile up they turn into hate.
They fester and bleed and a cancer create.
They infect all who listen and cause a great plague.
To wipe out mankind, bring an end to all days.
Turn away from all whispers of anger and hate.
Don't let the sickness infect you today.
Meet every person with kindness of thought.
For purveyors of hatred show you care not.
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whispers of hate by Noreen Carden )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Every Writer's Tale, Hebert Logerie
- At this time, hasmukh amathalal
- RAINBOW, RAJNI CHHABRA
- Deep and sank, hasmukh amathalal
- Odia Poem- SAMAYA, Jitendra seth
- आंनि लोगोफ्रा आंनि खोथाखौ बुजिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Peace in the air, Vidura Prabhath
- Odia Poem- To Apekshyare mu, Jitendra seth
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth