I Hate People...... [humor? (I hope so): some personal thoughts]
Don’t YOU just hate some people? Wouldn’t you like them gone?
Some human-types I do despise, though some people over them do fawn.
The first that comes to mind is the “no-hands” bicycle-rider.
Driving my car past one yesterday, I wanted to broadside her.
I suppose they really aren’t such an awful lot and don’t deserve my hate,
but when I see them doing what I CAN’T do, upon my brain it does grate.
Other types which I’ve come to hate are some well-known mega-jocks.
The way they hit baskets, home runs, and finish lines.....does blow off my socks.
And what about singers, actors, and comedians who have achieved great fame?
Yes, they too I hate so badly. They make me feel so lame.
And then there are those men, whose lives I’d love to wreck;
the ones who, faced with contrary wives, remain CALM, .....while I’d want to ring her neck!
Okay! You’ve guessed it, perhaps. I really could never hate them.
But it seems I’m a dull piece of dusty gravel, and they are sparkling gems.
They’re NOT an “awful lot”, I don’t “despise” them, and I’d NOT wreck their lives for real.
To tell the truth, gosh darn it, it’s just envy I do feel.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Hate People...... [humor? (I hope so): some personal thoughts] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Let us not fail, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Luo Zhihai
- Ang Mulugkhw, Swrji Basumatary
- Hounds, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- Decide and follow, hasmukh amathalal
- If luck ends, hasmukh amathalal
- Love grants, hasmukh amathalal
- Figure out, hasmukh amathalal
- For our crimes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lone In The Jungle., Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..