Poem about humor. You can read the best humor poems. Browse through all humor poems.
Tsars, Kings, Emperors,
sovereigns of all the earth,
have commanded many a parade,
but they could not command humor.
When Aesop, the tramp, came visiting
the palaces of eminent personages
ensconced in sleek comfort all day,
they struck him as paupers.
In houses, where hypocrites have
left the smear of their puny feet,
there Hodja-Nasr-ed-Din, with his jests,
swept clean all meanness
like a board of chessmen!
They tried to commission humor-
but humor is not to be bought!
They tried to murder humor,
but humor thumbed his nose at them!
It’s hard to fight humor.
They executed him time and again.
His hacked-off head
was stuck on the point of a pike.
But as soon as the mummer’s pipes
began their quipping tale,
humor defiantly cried:
'I’m back, I’m here! ',
and started to foot a dance.
in an overcoat, shabby and short,
with eyes cast down and a mask of repentance,
he, a political criminal,
now under arrest, walked to his execution.
He appeared to submit in every way,
accepting the life-beyond,
but of a sudden he wriggled out of his coat,
and, waving his hand, did a bolt.
Humor was shoved into cells,
but much good that did.
Humor went straight through
prison bars and walls of stone.
Coughing from the lungs
like any man in the ranks,
he marched singing a popular ditty,
rifle in hand upon the Winter Palace.
He’s accustomed to frowning looks,
but they do him no harm;
and humor at times with humor
glances at himself.
He’s everpresent. Nimble and quick,
he’ll slip through anything, through everyone.
So- glory be to humor.
He- is a valiant man.
Translated by George Reavey read more »
cap list tassle proud read more »
3.The Palace of Humbug
Lays of Mystery,
Imagination, and Humor
Number 1 read more »
4.A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Welcome to the Colosseum
Where pain is pleasure and it is our pleasure to be of service
Lay back on the rack
The waxing poetics are hot and the iced humor is very dry read more »
5.A Turtle Named George
There was a little turtle named George
On his food he would always gorge
He popped out of his shell
And said what the hell read more »
6.(..................14sept2) Portrait: Two Men
The two men
walk together like overgrown boys,
a jaunty humor jingling between them. read more »
7.Dilemma of Wit
She says modernity goes
Literature is a collage earthen
New names brought to the village
Hundred years in amnesia read more »
8.New Book: Einstein, Religion, Politics and Literature
What would I do without laughter?
A sad place indeed, it would be.
The funnies..the sillies..whatever it takes
for the sound of laughter. read more »
Behold the undergraduate
A most amusing fellow
In all his jesting up-to-date
His sense of humor is so great, read more »
There's a happiness, a joy
in one soul, that's been
buried alive in everyone
and forgotten. read more »
12.Give chance at once
Let us sing in humor
With pride and honor
Country should stand supreme
Show the light like sun’s beam read more »
New Humor Poems
- A Funny Drawback, Dmitry Garanin
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
- her humor, Bull Hawking
- SENSE OF HUMOR VS. COMMON SENSE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dr. L. - A Genuine Person, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- There was a time, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The empty house, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- Its Warmer Next To You, Hailey Stump
- Journey Of Humor, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A MUSE WHO CAN AMUSE WITH A MUSE, L.B. Strawn
- Untitled 3/13/2014, Andy Caldwell
- A Song, Doreen Maphosa
- Humored Unexpectedly, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Joyful Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's Your Choice, Burt Poole
- A Sense of Humor (A Satirical Moral) ..., MoonBee Canady
- A Ring Of Honor, Stanley Oguh
- Giggles On Death, Ima Ryma
- Inner Tickling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Humor, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Humor, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- A Short Poem, Jim Yerman
- Right Man, Lilyann Monahan
- Humor Heals, Lento Maez
- That I know -almighty, gajanan mishra
- Tell the truth, gajanan mishra
- Ireland, Saiom Shriver
- True Wit (5w), Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Stay Strong Beautiful, Claudette Guzzetta
- The Potency Of Laughter, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Humor Is Good, Philo Yan
- Laughter, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Anatomy of Humor and physiology of laugh.., TD. Kumar
- HUMOR KILLS GOLIATH, Philo Yan
- The Plains of Lane, Nikolai Curtis
- Art of Humor, maria sudibyo
- Smile Will Ya, James Casey
- Emotional Food Chain, Champs Ulysses Cabinatan
- Baby, You Did It, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Cents of Humor, Gregory Huyette
- HAIKU #086 (bathroom humor), Carolyn Brunelle
- Humoresque, Stanley Cooper
- Looking At Family Portraiture Origina.., Lee B. Mack
- LOOKIING AT FAMILY PORTRAITS Original .., Lee B. Mack
- Rembrandt laughing (based on the paintin.., Raj Arumugam
- Humor, rinki nandy
- the short story of the droll, RIC S. BASTASA
- Who Knows What I Did But Its Funny, Gengis Capote
- you are who you are?, tamia wells
- Love's Sweet Humor, Dark Guardian
- ODDITIES, Edwina Reizer
- Rumors and Lies, Kaleigh Greenfield
- Love is everlasting., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Entertaining Torture, Vanessa Kingsley
- These Hands, Eli MorenoDrew
- Severe Sense of Humor, asef fakih
- Confusion In Me, lovita lara
- God's Sense of Humor, Bill Grace
- Essence Of Sense Of Humor, Sumeet Mukherjee
- Why Worry About It, Francis Duggan
- Humor, Ted L Glines
- God's Sense of Humor, Remya Sasindran
- Please, O God of Humor, Raj Arumugam
- Tricks of the Trade, Is It Poetry
- the guy i love, sunshine onyii
- nba humor?, Harlan Simantel
- Aoife, Niamh Donnelly
- 4. Elements – Earth, Anand Dixit
- Bob Gibson, Francis Duggan
- The Golf Writer (To Kevin), Francis Duggan
- A Walmart Parking Lot, connie crane
- Mary O Dwyer, Francis Duggan
- FIRST KISS, Ray Lucero
- One of Us, Anna Pacheco
- carpe diem