(Marriage) Equality..... [see the title; personal fantasy; humor? (let me know) ]
I’m an American. So you know I KNOW about equality, right?
And I’m married. I strive for spousal equality with all my might!
Let me share with you how I help to keep my marriage EQUAL.
I’m so good at it that this is my 3rd marriage sequel.
[My wife’s a good wife, and so she does her fair share..... of the house work.
I’m a good husband, and I’m no slacker. Oh, NO! From MY chores I do not shirk.]
My wife makes our bed. I mess it up.
She washes plates and bowls. I wash my cup.
She washes our clothes. I say “Nice job.”
She hangs them on line. I tell her 'They’re dry.' I’m NO SLOB! ..... Oh, NO!
She cooks supper, though it’s sometimes late.
I eat every meal and even lick my plate.... and hers.
I turn on lawn sprinkler and she mows the lawn.....
though, to do so, she starts mowing at the crack of dawn......
(and wakes ME up!) .
The problem is she has a full-time job...... at a bank.
I have no “OUTSIDE” job. At regular jobs I stank.
But I’m glad that at home I can, and do, do my part.
I don’t, like SOME BUMS,.... just sit at home and fart.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ((Marriage) Equality..... [see the title; personal fantasy; humor? (let me know) ] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
- My Prayer, Clive Blake
- AFTER THESE MISTS AND FOGS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Creek of death!, SALINI NAIR
- Your Coronation, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Love You, How To Say, Get It Sent Acro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Right To Prevail, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Scarecrow, Naveed Khalid
- Beav Cleave - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Hotel, Randy Resh
Poem of the Day
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)