(Marriage) Equality..... [see the title; personal fantasy; humor? (let me know) ]
I’m an American. So you know I KNOW about equality, right?
And I’m married. I strive for spousal equality with all my might!
Let me share with you how I help to keep my marriage EQUAL.
I’m so good at it that this is my 3rd marriage sequel.
[My wife’s a good wife, and so she does her fair share..... of the house work.
I’m a good husband, and I’m no slacker. Oh, NO! From MY chores I do not shirk.]
My wife makes our bed. I mess it up.
She washes plates and bowls. I wash my cup.
She washes our clothes. I say “Nice job.”
She hangs them on line. I tell her 'They’re dry.' I’m NO SLOB! ..... Oh, NO!
She cooks supper, though it’s sometimes late.
I eat every meal and even lick my plate.... and hers.
I turn on lawn sprinkler and she mows the lawn.....
though, to do so, she starts mowing at the crack of dawn......
(and wakes ME up!) .
The problem is she has a full-time job...... at a bank.
I have no “OUTSIDE” job. At regular jobs I stank.
But I’m glad that at home I can, and do, do my part.
I don’t, like SOME BUMS,.... just sit at home and fart.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ((Marriage) Equality..... [see the title; personal fantasy; humor? (let me know) ] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Trembling Thirst, Mantu Mahakul
- Final Truth, Mantu Mahakul
- The Sower And the Seed, George Egba
- Garden capers, Mark Heathcote
- Controlling the five senses leads one to.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Buried in my chest, Meena Mustafa
- Unlike Many, Alade Abayomi IdrisWhite
- Many Heavens, George Hunter
- Pronounce Or Never, George Egba
- How now, george albot
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)