(Marriage) Equality..... [see the title; personal fantasy; humor? (let me know) ]
I’m an American. So you know I KNOW about equality, right?
And I’m married. I strive for spousal equality with all my might!
Let me share with you how I help to keep my marriage EQUAL.
I’m so good at it that this is my 3rd marriage sequel.
[My wife’s a good wife, and so she does her fair share..... of the house work.
I’m a good husband, and I’m no slacker. Oh, NO! From MY chores I do not shirk.]
My wife makes our bed. I mess it up.
She washes plates and bowls. I wash my cup.
She washes our clothes. I say “Nice job.”
She hangs them on line. I tell her 'They’re dry.' I’m NO SLOB! ..... Oh, NO!
She cooks supper, though it’s sometimes late.
I eat every meal and even lick my plate.... and hers.
I turn on lawn sprinkler and she mows the lawn.....
though, to do so, she starts mowing at the crack of dawn......
(and wakes ME up!) .
The problem is she has a full-time job...... at a bank.
I have no “OUTSIDE” job. At regular jobs I stank.
But I’m glad that at home I can, and do, do my part.
I don’t, like SOME BUMS,.... just sit at home and fart.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ((Marriage) Equality..... [see the title; personal fantasy; humor? (let me know) ] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Writing, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Little Experience, Karen Verdello
- Lunch, Karen Verdello
- Within The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Beige Cage, Karen Verdello
- Tus sueños en tu vida, Elizabeth Garcia
- The House Next Door, Karen Verdello
- Your Dreams In Your Life, Elizabeth Garcia
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Night Inside, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)