(Money) Laundering...... [White collar? crime; Inept 'criminal']
The illicit drug dealer had just made a big cash sale score,
but his usual messenger had quit and walked out the door.
So the dealer turned to his cousin who was trustworthy but not smart.....,
saying "Ned, take this bag of money to 10 Front St. Ask for Mark."
So off went Ned with the cash. (Besides being not too smart, he was half blind.)
On Front St. he walked high numbers to low. Number 16, not 10, he did find.
He asked for Mark and a woman said to him "You mean Clark? "
Ned thought a moment. "If Clark can clean this, I guess I don't mean Mark."
The woman said "Excuse me."
Clark approached Ned, smiled, and said "How may I help you sir? "
Ned explained, and Clark said "We usually just clean fabrics and sometimes fur."
To which Ned said "My cousin is depending on me. You'll be well paid."
Clark said "I'm sure we can handle this. We're very good at our trade."
Ned said "Thanks" and left.
That night the dealer met Ned at a local neighborhood bar.
He said to Ned "I called Mark. Where's the cash? You won't get far."
Ned replied "I took it for cleaning but the guy's name is wrong."
The dealer winced and said to his cousin "Show me where you left it. Come along."
The dealer chain-smoked.
It was evening when Ned pointed at number 16 Front, not 10.
His cousin said "Ned, I shouldn't have trusted you. We could end up in the pen."
It was 8 p.m. and #16, a laundry, was closed, as was #10, a bank.
They returned to the bar and the dealer got at least half "in the tank".
They got to bed late.
The next day Ned and the dealer once again drove his car to Front Street.
Ned entered the laundry. His cousin was in his car nearby, watching out for "the heat".
Clark said to Ned "We kept the dryer heat low to not overly parch , and,
without knowing your wishes, we chose to use very little starch."
Clark charged fifty.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ((Money) Laundering...... [White collar? crime; Inept 'criminal'] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- uncomfortable, maharshi trivedi
- Mexican Food With Jesus, Mr. Nobody
- Sonnet of Pain, Sierra Staten
- Particle Of Breath, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x5, Ronjoy Brahma
- Come Come, Tango Tango
- God Teaches Geology (M-F), Mr. Nobody
- I am Running Faster, Akhtar Jawad
- (समनि नायथाय) गुफुर उखुन्दैनि खुवाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alien Encounter, Robert Eckstein
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns