'Poetic Pizza' Pieces For PoemHunter Pals....[Fantasy Poem/Pizza Creation; Personal]
Kanav Justa suggested I share my pizza with PoemHunter friends,
but I’ve found, when trying to send real pizza, my wife’s computer bends.
So you PoemHunter friends will have to settle for.... slices of my thoughts.
You’ll have to settle for “Poetic Pizza” Pieces my mind and pen have wrought.
Instead of dough for its foundation, I use what I see and hear and think.
Instead of an oven for baking, I bake on notebook pages (or paper scraps) with ink.
Instead of tomato or pesto sauce I spread a layer of imagination and/or knowledge.
“Pizza” is one of the few things I feel I can make well, and I need not...... to have gone to college.
Instead of cheese I at times use insight, advice, and/or humor; rarely it is sleazy.
Valsa George enjoys a taste of my “humour”, though some of it.... may be cheesy.
Instead of extra toppings of peppers, mushrooms, fish or meat,
I sprinkle most of my slices with yummy rhymes, making them..... so 'right' to eat.
My “pizza” and “slices” come in three sizes: Large, Medium, and Small.
I have an appetite for Extra-large myself, but I wish to please you all.
I hope you find some “Poetic Pizza” pieces that you like,...... none TOO HOT, nor TOO COLD,
and if any of you diners have complaints, PLEASE let me know it. BE BOLD!
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Poetic Pizza' Pieces For PoemHunter Pals....[Fantasy Poem/Pizza Creation; Personal] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- 159. The Book of my Life, John Westlake
- Words were golden, hasmukh amathalal
- The Allen Chronicles, Romella Kitchens
- My eyes, Cee Bea
- E-rated poemier-all us, Elvis Airohi
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
- Ludio ludius Lego, michael walkerjohn
- Right to exist, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Cross, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)