'Poetic Pizza' Pieces For PoemHunter Pals....[Fantasy Poem/Pizza Creation; Personal]
Kanav Justa suggested I share my pizza with PoemHunter friends,
but I’ve found, when trying to send real pizza, my wife’s computer bends.
So you PoemHunter friends will have to settle for.... slices of my thoughts.
You’ll have to settle for “Poetic Pizza” Pieces my mind and pen have wrought.
Instead of dough for its foundation, I use what I see and hear and think.
Instead of an oven for baking, I bake on notebook pages (or paper scraps) with ink.
Instead of tomato or pesto sauce I spread a layer of imagination and/or knowledge.
“Pizza” is one of the few things I feel I can make well, and I need not...... to have gone to college.
Instead of cheese I at times use insight, advice, and/or humor; rarely it is sleazy.
Valsa George enjoys a taste of my “humour”, though some of it.... may be cheesy.
Instead of extra toppings of peppers, mushrooms, fish or meat,
I sprinkle most of my slices with yummy rhymes, making them..... so 'right' to eat.
My “pizza” and “slices” come in three sizes: Large, Medium, and Small.
I have an appetite for Extra-large myself, but I wish to please you all.
I hope you find some “Poetic Pizza” pieces that you like,...... none TOO HOT, nor TOO COLD,
and if any of you diners have complaints, PLEASE let me know it. BE BOLD!
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Poetic Pizza' Pieces For PoemHunter Pals....[Fantasy Poem/Pizza Creation; Personal] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Playing Crazy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Is Every Man Your Equal?, Mr. Nobody
- To Live Without Being Betrayed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- the giver tanka, Kayla Daley
- Your Love Is, Michael McParland
- Living A Life I Profess, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Devotional Plead to the Universal Mother*, Tushar Ray
- Living Life I Profess, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Self-learning School, Tushar Ray
- Theo van B, Hugh Mitchell