William Messent Poems
- The Shipping Forecast (2012) While sailing by beyond the ...
- Roy G Biv Old Newton in his darkened room refracting prism ...
- Listening To Bach I crave the timeless peace and joy This ...
- The Rape Of The Countryside Three thousand years I've rested ...
- The Shipping Forecast Six minutes to six. I'm ready for tea,...
- Uisge Beatha An Ancient Alchemy, Quaint combination:
- Music In The Air When life seems tough and full of care And ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about William Messent
The Shipping Forecast (2012)
While sailing by beyond the fringe
I caught a song by Ronald Binge,
Heralding the Shipping Forecast -
"Attention, all at sea! "
Beware of gales in Forties, Tyne,
Fisher, Dogger, German Bight,
Humber, Thames and Dover, Wight,
Portland, Plymouth, Lundy, Sole,
Fitzroy, Biscay, Trafalgar,
Shannon, Fastnet, Irish Sea,
Rockall, Malin, Hebrides,
Faeroes, Fair Isle, Cromarty.
Here's the general situation,
(Please forgive my hesitation)
There is much precipitation
And it's falling on my head!
I have a vague ...