Heat and water, yeast and barley.
Sweet and pure;
Warm summer breeze
Caressing barley on the plain.
Wild and wilful burn
Lively rushing from the mountain.
Rich the reek,
Rising pungent smoke
That fuels the fire to dry the malt.
Heady taste and smell:
The landscape preserved in amber.
Such complex product
Of copper still and bourbon tun.
The Water of Life -
The essence of the Western Isles.
William Messent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Uisge Beatha by William Messent )
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku by krishna Shivkumar yadav, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav