My name is Fritz, Shrödinger's Cat,
I sometimes wonder where I'm at.
Within a small world I exist;
My master, he's a physicist
Who talks of protons, neutrons too,
Held in place with magic glue.
He's weird and in his element
Performing this experiment.
Trapped in a box and full of strife,
I feel I've only half a life.
My fate decided by old Geiger,
I wish I'd been a Bengal tiger!
My feline life hangs by a thread;
In two minds if alive or dead,
I muse "To be or not to be,
That, is the real uncertainty".
His scientific articles
On sub-atomic particles,
And his famous Wave Equation
Earned Erwin cherished Nobel Prize.
I stare at him with knowing eyes -
He's overlooked I have nine lives -
Against the odds, the CAT survives!
William Messent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shrodinger's cat by William Messent )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- How Oswald Dined with God, Edwin Markham
- mashumiyet, anikesh wats
- Whatever you want to do, gajanan mishra
- Make in you, gajanan mishra
- In My Daydream, Margaret Alice Second
- UNTOLD JOURNEY, Satish Verma
- Ride the lion, gajanan mishra
- Flame, Nassy Fesharaki
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd