Y/ Dead or alive
A hundred years from now, I will be dead
And of all my body, including my head
Nothing will be left, except just,
Perhaps a very small pile of dust.
But somewhere deep inside the hope is there
That some of my thoughts, some of my care
some of my spirit, some of my inspiration
will still be alive, moving a new generation
A hundred years from now, also you,
You will be dead like me, too
I hope that also your spirit lives on
In many generations to come
A hundred years away,
We’ll be dead, yes, you and me
but our kindnesses of today
will be still alive, they’ll still be.
Aufie Zophy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I thought then it was too eerie to post it.
Reading it back today, it felt a bit less spooky.
Just how I felt few weeks ago.
Comments about this poem (Y/ Dead or alive by Aufie Zophy )
Did you read them?
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla