In your kitchen washing dishes,
Dreaming dreams, making wishes.
Door slams open,
Knocking over pram and chair.
You have become the disappeared.
No fair trial by judge for you.
No twelve men good and true.
Just the bullet from a gun.
No time left to make your peace.
No goodbye with kiss to cheek.
Thrown into a shallow grave.
Without a prayer by ordained priest.
Missing the important days.
While winning races painting faces.
Every memory is tainted.
Coloured by the death you knew.
God given right to live your life.
Stolen by the evil night.
Who planned your death?
As though they had the right.
So the years have moved along.
Children grown, lives go on.
A mothers pride was not in place.
The missing hugs cant be replaced.
Dreams at night so full of fear.
When your Mams become the disappeared
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Disappeared by Noreen Carden )
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns