In your kitchen washing dishes,
Dreaming dreams, making wishes.
Door slams open,
Knocking over pram and chair.
You have become the disappeared.
No fair trial by judge for you.
No twelve men good and true.
Just the bullet from a gun.
No time left to make your peace.
No goodbye with kiss to cheek.
Thrown into a shallow grave.
Without a prayer by ordained priest.
Missing the important days.
While winning races painting faces.
Every memory is tainted.
Coloured by the death you knew.
God given right to live your life.
Stolen by the evil night.
Who planned your death?
As though they had the right.
So the years have moved along.
Children grown, lives go on.
A mothers pride was not in place.
The missing hugs cant be replaced.
Dreams at night so full of fear.
When your Mams become the disappeared
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Disappeared by Noreen Carden )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Overload, bryan wallace
- Down with poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Conversations With A Friend, Richard Allen Beevor
- A Ten Minutes of Prayer, Reagan A. Latumbo
- lux et umbra, Ann Dow
- S.O.S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the House, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar