In your kitchen washing dishes,
Dreaming dreams, making wishes.
Door slams open,
Knocking over pram and chair.
You have become the disappeared.
No fair trial by judge for you.
No twelve men good and true.
Just the bullet from a gun.
No time left to make your peace.
No goodbye with kiss to cheek.
Thrown into a shallow grave.
Without a prayer by ordained priest.
Missing the important days.
While winning races painting faces.
Every memory is tainted.
Coloured by the death you knew.
God given right to live your life.
Stolen by the evil night.
Who planned your death?
As though they had the right.
So the years have moved along.
Children grown, lives go on.
A mothers pride was not in place.
The missing hugs cant be replaced.
Dreams at night so full of fear.
When your Mams become the disappeared
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Disappeared by Noreen Carden )
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- About the Bone xx xxx xx Improvisa.., Lee Mack
- To A Place Beyond Hell, Paula Glynn
- WHAT A SHAME! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- it will happen like this, Mandolyn ...
- The worst is not the best anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Tale Of Snow White And The Seven Dwa.., Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- My Mommy's Apple Pie!, santhosh kumar
- Flying out, maryline vautravers
- From God to God, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- Conscienceless, hafiz qasim