The Night Of The Star
On the night of the star,
gifts lain at his feet.
He comes into being.
In the temple with priests,
he holds them enthralled.
The wisdom of god,
in the words of a child.
He grows to a rebel.
A fisher of men.
A critic of priests.
Their tables he turned.
He saved the adulterer,
from death by the stone.
Magdelene he counted.
among his loved ones.
He became mankind's saviour.
He endured death on a cross.
His agony he offered,
So that souls won't be lost
So let us remember,
at this Christmas time.
To thank and to praise,
our saviour divine
Noreen Carden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Night Of The Star by Noreen Carden )
- Towards the end of the plain, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The years will pass, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The sacrifice is sacrifice, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The sacrifice of Beauty, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To night The waters drunk, Emmanuel George Cefai
- A fountain of the Waters, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Big Cat Nap - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- What's the half truth of half world, Aftab Alam
- A Polar Star to Show Your Way, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Walking Is a Way of Life, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Learn to Live, Roopa Menon
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)