100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] ...... [SHORT; my mom; death; serious but NOT sad]
Well Mom missed this day by almost nine years.
At ninety-one(?) we escorted her from this “veil of tears”.
But no tears I had the June day she passed.
Her will was NOT to live just in order to “last”.
She’d actually tried to end her life three years before,
but by bad timing and stomach-pumping she missed Death’s Door.
Then again she found herself in a hospital, ailing, in 2005 (?) .
My sister and I pushed a “morphine drip” till she was no longer alive.
Rest In Peace, dear Mom. [December 30,1913-June 20(?) ,2005(?) ]
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
interestingly enough, i lied a bit. i did shed some tears that day, BUT not for my mom's death. later in the day i watched Robin Williams star in the movie Bicentennial Man, and i cried at the dying scene at the ending when...well i won't spoil the ending for you. bri :)
Comments about this poem (100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] ...... [SHORT; my mom; death; serious but NOT sad] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Being Humane!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You Can Change The World With A Smile, Pushkar Bisht
- Lines Inscribed in a Lady's Pocket Alman.., Robert Burns
- Epitaph on the same, Robert Burns
- Place Identities., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Way We Are......, Garima Trivedi
- Living a gift....., Garima Trivedi
- Fragment—Altho' he has left me, Robert Burns
- Fragment—Altho' He Has Left Me, Robert Burns
- Rainbow, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)