100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] ...... [SHORT; my mom; death; serious but NOT sad]
Well Mom missed this day by almost nine years.
At ninety-one(?) we escorted her from this “veil of tears”.
But no tears I had the June day she passed.
Her will was NOT to live just in order to “last”.
She’d actually tried to end her life three years before,
but by bad timing and stomach-pumping she missed Death’s Door.
Then again she found herself in a hospital, ailing, in 2005 (?) .
My sister and I pushed a “morphine drip” till she was no longer alive.
Rest In Peace, dear Mom. [December 30,1913-June 20(?) ,2005(?) ]
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
interestingly enough, i lied a bit. i did shed some tears that day, BUT not for my mom's death. later in the day i watched Robin Williams star in the movie Bicentennial Man, and i cried at the dying scene at the ending when...well i won't spoil the ending for you. bri :)
Comments about this poem (100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] ...... [SHORT; my mom; death; serious but NOT sad] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- E-rated poemier-heel out, Elvis Airohi
- The Keladi People, Ismim Putera
- 159. The Book of my Life, John Westlake
- Words were golden, hasmukh amathalal
- The Allen Chronicles, Romella Kitchens
- My eyes, Cee Bea
- E-rated poemier-all us, Elvis Airohi
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Cross, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)