100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] ...... [SHORT; my mom; death; serious but NOT sad]
Well Mom missed this day by almost nine years.
At ninety-one(?) we escorted her from this “veil of tears”.
But no tears I had the June day she passed.
Her will was NOT to live just in order to “last”.
She’d actually tried to end her life three years before,
but by bad timing and stomach-pumping she missed Death’s Door.
Then again she found herself in a hospital, ailing, in 2005 (?) .
My sister and I pushed a “morphine drip” till she was no longer alive.
Rest In Peace, dear Mom. [December 30,1913-June 20(?) ,2005(?) ]
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
interestingly enough, i lied a bit. i did shed some tears that day, BUT not for my mom's death. later in the day i watched Robin Williams star in the movie Bicentennial Man, and i cried at the dying scene at the ending when...well i won't spoil the ending for you. bri :)
Comments about this poem (100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] ...... [SHORT; my mom; death; serious but NOT sad] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck