100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] ...... [SHORT; my mom; death; serious but NOT sad]
Well Mom missed this day by almost nine years.
At ninety-one(?) we escorted her from this “veil of tears”.
But no tears I had the June day she passed.
Her will was NOT to live just in order to “last”.
She’d actually tried to end her life three years before,
but by bad timing and stomach-pumping she missed Death’s Door.
Then again she found herself in a hospital, ailing, in 2005 (?) .
My sister and I pushed a “morphine drip” till she was no longer alive.
Rest In Peace, dear Mom. [December 30,1913-June 20(?) ,2005(?) ]
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
interestingly enough, i lied a bit. i did shed some tears that day, BUT not for my mom's death. later in the day i watched Robin Williams star in the movie Bicentennial Man, and i cried at the dying scene at the ending when...well i won't spoil the ending for you. bri :)
Comments about this poem (100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] ...... [SHORT; my mom; death; serious but NOT sad] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Tune Metallic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Don't Say Goodbye, Michael P. McParland
- Enough With the Socks, Babbling Brookes
- Don't Like It?, Michael P. McParland
- Domestic Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- Delicately, Michael P. McParland
- DANCING COLOURS OF POWER, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Till My End, Michael P. McParland
- A Frozen Soldier, Raymond A. Foss
- Three Sides To Every Story, Michael P. McParland