Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi Poems
- A Moment Of Happiness A moment of happiness, you and I ...
- Be With Those Who Help Your Be... Be with those who help your...
- Because I Cannot Sleep Because I cannot sleep I make music ...
- Every Day I Bear A Burden Every day I bear a burden, and I ...
- Any Soul That Drank The Nectar Any soul that drank the nectar...
- A Stone I Died A stone I died and rose again a plant; A ...
- Birdsong Birdsong brings relief to my longing I'm just as ...
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī (Persian: جلالالدین محمد بلخى), also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī (جلالالدین محمد رومی), and more popularly in the English-speaking world simply as Rumi (30 September 1207 – 17 December 1273), was a 13th-century Persian poet, jurist, theologian, and Sufi mystic. Iranians, Turks, Afghans, Tajiks, and other Central Asian Muslims as well as the Muslims of South Asia have greatly appreciated his spiritual legacy in the past seven centuries. Rumi's importance is considered to transcend national and ethnic borders. His poems have been widely translated into many of the world's languages and transposed into various formats. In 2007, he was ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” ''
''“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” ''
''“Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.”''
''“What you seek is seeking you.” ''
''“Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”''
A Moment Of Happiness
A moment of happiness,
you and I sitting on the verandah,
apparently two, but one in soul, you and I.
We feel the flowing water of life here,
you and I, with the garden's beauty
and the birds singing.
The stars will be watching us,
and we will show them
what it is to be a thin crescent moon.
You and I unselfed, will be together,
indifferent to idle speculation, you and I.
The parrots of heaven will be cracking sugar
as we laugh together, you and I.
In one form upon this earth,
and in another form in a timeless sweet land.