The stark whiteness is all I see,
Perhaps it’s just reflection,
Of conflicting emotions in me,
Every facet with a brilliant glow,
On the brink of that snow,
But something else catches my eye,
A scarlet shade in that austere white,
A rose blooming,
Its thorns frozen,
Leaves the darkest of emeralds,
It’s just a small torn corner,
Like pious part of my soul
Trapped in confines of a sinner’s heart…………..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Untarnished by Lucifera Santez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Poem of the Day
- It's a Trick, R.J. Wynn
- Food Of The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Snow covered mountains., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If It All Went Up in Smoke, George Oppen
- The New Generation, Tony Adah
- I Don't Need You, Electric Lady
- Ashamed of myself, jade mears
- call this cliche and i'll cut you, Mandolyn ...
- Snow, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Gift, Arliz Paelmo