Om Chawla Poems
- Birds Nest Have you not seen the bird flying far, again and ...
- Beyond The Horizon Yonder in the West, Just before it sets,...
- Betrayal - Of Faith Or Of Natu... Holy river and holier ...
- An Infant's Smile Peaceful repose of tranquility, mirroring...
- Cry Of A Soul What passion it was anger or lust who knows ...
- A Poor Man's Lot There besides the trunk of a leafless ...
- Emancipation Life after life soul transmigrates Carrying the...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Have you not seen the bird
flying far, again and again
collecting straws to weave a nest-
a home- for its young ones to be.
As eggs are hatched
out come the young
chirping or crying, to be fed,
the bird flies again, and again
to feed the young
who cannot fly
It chews the grain but does not swallow
beak to beak it feeds young fellow
caressingly and lovingly
so all are fed properly.
Young get wings, by and by:
and coaxed by the mother bird;
attempt to fly.
Then suddenly one day
the young one flies far away
It knows ...