What Is Love?
What is love?
Is it the increased heartbeats?
Is it tilting of your world,
Or perhaps an amorous kiss.
But really tell me
What is it?
Does it happens when you see a face
Is it love at its basic case?
Is it a gratification?
A simple minded obsession,
Or just pure elation.
I don’t know,
I never could understand it,
Still can’t do,
They tell me,
Love is this warm feeling,
A glorious chaste healing,
Its sum of all those stolen kisses,
An unquenched lust that hisses,
Body that is fired,
In rampant state of desire,
But still I don’t agree,
Perhaps the love isn’t same for me.
He and I,
We meet every day,
We look at each other,
And understand what is to be said,
I ask him if he knows,
What love is?
And looks deep in my eyes,
Someday you will understand he says,
And for the night,
We part our ways,
I think about him before I go to sleep,
He is there,
In my universe, my dreams.
Is it love?
I don’t know,
I am still confused.
When I see him again,
There is glimmer in his eyes,
Suddenly everything blurs
And comes in focus again,
In that moment I understand,
I can’t find love in those grand places,
‘Cause for me it’s in simpler ones,
The way he laughs,
The way he cries,
The way he kisses me,
When hope dances in his eyes.
The way he smells after his shower,
The silly song he sings every day,
The way he carries me,
When I am tiered to my bed.
It’s all love,
Love in simple things,
He taught me to love,
So that I could know
What love is……………………
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What Is Love? by Lucifera Santez )
- A New Light Bulb, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
- Silent Scream, Vivek Tiwari
- Your Fault, Von Kimball Barney
- Faking news, gajanan mishra
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)