What Is Love?
What is love?
Is it the increased heartbeats?
Is it tilting of your world,
Or perhaps an amorous kiss.
But really tell me
What is it?
Does it happens when you see a face
Is it love at its basic case?
Is it a gratification?
A simple minded obsession,
Or just pure elation.
I don’t know,
I never could understand it,
Still can’t do,
They tell me,
Love is this warm feeling,
A glorious chaste healing,
Its sum of all those stolen kisses,
An unquenched lust that hisses,
Body that is fired,
In rampant state of desire,
But still I don’t agree,
Perhaps the love isn’t same for me.
He and I,
We meet every day,
We look at each other,
And understand what is to be said,
I ask him if he knows,
What love is?
And looks deep in my eyes,
Someday you will understand he says,
And for the night,
We part our ways,
I think about him before I go to sleep,
He is there,
In my universe, my dreams.
Is it love?
I don’t know,
I am still confused.
When I see him again,
There is glimmer in his eyes,
Suddenly everything blurs
And comes in focus again,
In that moment I understand,
I can’t find love in those grand places,
‘Cause for me it’s in simpler ones,
The way he laughs,
The way he cries,
The way he kisses me,
When hope dances in his eyes.
The way he smells after his shower,
The silly song he sings every day,
The way he carries me,
When I am tiered to my bed.
It’s all love,
Love in simple things,
He taught me to love,
So that I could know
What love is……………………
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What Is Love? by Lucifera Santez )
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
- The Light of Day, David Griebel
- FAIRY TALE PRINCESS, Visato Kiso
- Flowers, David Griebel
- Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried, Effie Waller Smith
- Generosity, Babatunde Aremu
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(15 April 1958)