What Is Love?
What is love?
Is it the increased heartbeats?
Is it tilting of your world,
Or perhaps an amorous kiss.
But really tell me
What is it?
Does it happens when you see a face
Is it love at its basic case?
Is it a gratification?
A simple minded obsession,
Or just pure elation.
I don’t know,
I never could understand it,
Still can’t do,
They tell me,
Love is this warm feeling,
A glorious chaste healing,
Its sum of all those stolen kisses,
An unquenched lust that hisses,
Body that is fired,
In rampant state of desire,
But still I don’t agree,
Perhaps the love isn’t same for me.
He and I,
We meet every day,
We look at each other,
And understand what is to be said,
I ask him if he knows,
What love is?
And looks deep in my eyes,
Someday you will understand he says,
And for the night,
We part our ways,
I think about him before I go to sleep,
He is there,
In my universe, my dreams.
Is it love?
I don’t know,
I am still confused.
When I see him again,
There is glimmer in his eyes,
Suddenly everything blurs
And comes in focus again,
In that moment I understand,
I can’t find love in those grand places,
‘Cause for me it’s in simpler ones,
The way he laughs,
The way he cries,
The way he kisses me,
When hope dances in his eyes.
The way he smells after his shower,
The silly song he sings every day,
The way he carries me,
When I am tiered to my bed.
It’s all love,
Love in simple things,
He taught me to love,
So that I could know
What love is……………………
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What Is Love? by Lucifera Santez )
- Organized supports is a prison., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- No more pregnancy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Grace Me, Michael McParland
- 168., John Westlake
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)