Breath Of Life
Gone was his breathing,
Gone were heart beats,
The silent pulses,
Screamed of his decease.
Lying there like
Silent wax doll,
I shouted and begged,
He didn’t utter ‘mama’
Didn’t answer my call.
Fighting my tears,
Trying to be brave,
I kneeled down to kiss him,
But he still was dead.
Soon he will go in ground,
And I will deal the grief alone
His brief existence a joyful sorrow,
For I have lost the hope in tomorrow’s.
His small body curved in my arms,
One last time,
A last time I see,
Sweep of frail black lashes,
On those pale cheeks.
And I lay him in his coffin,
How a child looks,
With his breath of life extinguished…………………
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
i actually wrote it 3 years ago, after death of my nephew, Jaime.
till this day i miss the darling boy, and always will.
this is for Jaime, aunt Lu loves you baby and always will.
Comments about this poem (Breath Of Life by Lucifera Santez )
- Invitation to Ground Zero, William Jay Smith
- Touch not, gajanan mishra
- At Inchon, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Always Yours, Michael McParland
- All rich, gajanan mishra
- ما كان ذنبي, قسطاكي الحمصي
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)