Breath Of Life
Gone was his breathing,
Gone were heart beats,
The silent pulses,
Screamed of his decease.
Lying there like
Silent wax doll,
I shouted and begged,
He didn’t utter ‘mama’
Didn’t answer my call.
Fighting my tears,
Trying to be brave,
I kneeled down to kiss him,
But he still was dead.
Soon he will go in ground,
And I will deal the grief alone
His brief existence a joyful sorrow,
For I have lost the hope in tomorrow’s.
His small body curved in my arms,
One last time,
A last time I see,
Sweep of frail black lashes,
On those pale cheeks.
And I lay him in his coffin,
How a child looks,
With his breath of life extinguished…………………
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
i actually wrote it 3 years ago, after death of my nephew, Jaime.
till this day i miss the darling boy, and always will.
this is for Jaime, aunt Lu loves you baby and always will.
Comments about this poem (Breath Of Life by Lucifera Santez )
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)