Breath Of Life
Gone was his breathing,
Gone were heart beats,
The silent pulses,
Screamed of his decease.
Lying there like
Silent wax doll,
I shouted and begged,
He didn’t utter ‘mama’
Didn’t answer my call.
Fighting my tears,
Trying to be brave,
I kneeled down to kiss him,
But he still was dead.
Soon he will go in ground,
And I will deal the grief alone
His brief existence a joyful sorrow,
For I have lost the hope in tomorrow’s.
His small body curved in my arms,
One last time,
A last time I see,
Sweep of frail black lashes,
On those pale cheeks.
And I lay him in his coffin,
How a child looks,
With his breath of life extinguished…………………
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
i actually wrote it 3 years ago, after death of my nephew, Jaime.
till this day i miss the darling boy, and always will.
this is for Jaime, aunt Lu loves you baby and always will.
Comments about this poem (Breath Of Life by Lucifera Santez )
- Vocation, location!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Descent, Edward Kofi Louis
- Follow The Star, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Forgive And Let Go, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Good morning again, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku 'Eat', miken newman
- उगा रेत से बालुआ ये शहर (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Christmas Blackmail, Phil Soar
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)