Breath Of Life
Gone was his breathing,
Gone were heart beats,
The silent pulses,
Screamed of his decease.
Lying there like
Silent wax doll,
I shouted and begged,
He didn’t utter ‘mama’
Didn’t answer my call.
Fighting my tears,
Trying to be brave,
I kneeled down to kiss him,
But he still was dead.
Soon he will go in ground,
And I will deal the grief alone
His brief existence a joyful sorrow,
For I have lost the hope in tomorrow’s.
His small body curved in my arms,
One last time,
A last time I see,
Sweep of frail black lashes,
On those pale cheeks.
And I lay him in his coffin,
How a child looks,
With his breath of life extinguished…………………
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
i actually wrote it 3 years ago, after death of my nephew, Jaime.
till this day i miss the darling boy, and always will.
this is for Jaime, aunt Lu loves you baby and always will.
Comments about this poem (Breath Of Life by Lucifera Santez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas
- Over a bug;, george albot
- On Her Wintry Planet, At The Close Of Day, mary douglas
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Incredible Pink Playhouse, mary douglas
- Let Us Return To The Country Of Clouds, mary douglas
- I Dreamed Of A Language, mary douglas
- Snow Globe Vision Of La Belle Et La Bete, mary douglas
- Flower in snow, ramesh rai