Breath Of Life
Gone was his breathing,
Gone were heart beats,
The silent pulses,
Screamed of his decease.
Lying there like
Silent wax doll,
I shouted and begged,
He didn’t utter ‘mama’
Didn’t answer my call.
Fighting my tears,
Trying to be brave,
I kneeled down to kiss him,
But he still was dead.
Soon he will go in ground,
And I will deal the grief alone
His brief existence a joyful sorrow,
For I have lost the hope in tomorrow’s.
His small body curved in my arms,
One last time,
A last time I see,
Sweep of frail black lashes,
On those pale cheeks.
And I lay him in his coffin,
How a child looks,
With his breath of life extinguished…………………
Lucifera Santez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
i actually wrote it 3 years ago, after death of my nephew, Jaime.
till this day i miss the darling boy, and always will.
this is for Jaime, aunt Lu loves you baby and always will.
Comments about this poem (Breath Of Life by Lucifera Santez )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman
- Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill, Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- I fear a foolish, gajanan mishra
- Cycle of life (German), Michelle Chvojka