Governor Brown’s 20% ….. [Drought/Water Conservation; California; Personal; Humor; VERY SHORT]
California’s governor, in the third winter of this state’s drought,
has asked citizens to 1/5 of “your water use cut out.”
I’d already cut down my use of water from …..”not much” to “less”.
I’d urged my wife to do the same, which upset her, ….. I do confess.
Oh, she’d done some cutting back, but recently she did backslide.
If I told her again to not water her plants, she surely would have cried!
NOW, in daylight, I sometimes quietly pee behind an outdoor bush,
and, after dark, through the railing of our deck, my little pee-thing I do push.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
so some will say to governor brown 'why shouldn't i have a bath every night and wash the car every week? at least WE don't fill a big swimming pool like our neighbors do! ' : ( bri
Comments about this poem (Governor Brown’s 20% ….. [Drought/Water Conservation; California; Personal; Humor; VERY SHORT] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- While Others Sleep, Richard Provencher
- Madness, Is It Poetry
- Hand of the All Goddess, Stephen Bishop
- It's good to be back home..., David Lessard
- Words & Thoughts On Pause, Richard Provencher
- Sleeping Summers Beauty, Doug Jones
- If William Carlos Williams Had Been Born.., W.B. Keckler
- When will heavens love ever decline us?, Mark Heathcote
- Winning Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Is it Halloween tonight, Mark Heathcote