Danny Draper Poems
- When All The Trees When all the trees are tall and still and...
- Race To The Bottom (With Apolo...
- A Bag Of Seeds Is the selfless heart not most self consumed? ...
- Ode To A Tim Tam For Ruth Walt... Anticipation is its own ...
- You Broke Your Leg? Yes I broke my silly leg That would ...
- And Wonder Where The Years Wen... We stop visiting graves In ...
- I Live In Hope (In Memory O...
I have been writing poems since I was about 12. I am interested in the intricate beauty of language, it's messages and anger and power to love and inspire. I enjoy playing with language to test its maliability sometimes puns, or sounds or shapes, but always the beauty of the words and their places of humour, anger, comfort, love, loneliness, or hatred, exasperation, justice and injustices, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
When All The Trees
When all the trees are tall and still
and Sun is shouldered on a hill,
Shadows drench a cooling gully
and nocturnal eyes begin to stir.
When all the wings of day are rested
and talk of roosts by owners tested,
Fear of enemies concedes to sleep
and dark conceals its masses.
When all the hearts in unison beat
and world's in silence are replete,
Uniformly all are equal as by magic
and little animals start their night.
When all the hunters stalk night prey
and quarry seek out gifts of day,
Fragments from the hectic lighted
and waste from...