Driving Freedom [Honk...HOoonK! ! ].......[Independent Driver's Thoughts; Humor/Humour]
Honk! Honk! Hooonk! ! Yes indeed, I just love to blow my horn;
it’s part of Driving Freedom..... the most fun I’ve had since being born.
But some people are such killjoys. Over “rules” their minds do linger.
In response to their “rules”..... and their dirty looks, I raise my middle finger!
If I want to spin my wheels till they smoke, so what? Forget “air pollution”.
If I can’t have freedom on the roads, why’d we fight The American Revolution?
Yeah, I’m driving in the left lane of a two lane road. (it’s practice) Who’s caring?
When I visit Dublin this Fall I plan to drive; I don’t want those Knuckleheads staring.
And I never use my turn signals..... so stay out of my way, Stupid!
Otherwise I may pretend you’re a Heart, and I’ll pretend I’m Cupid.
I guess by now you’ve gotten the idea. It’s MY road to drive....AS I PLEASE.
And rest assured, if I were Captain of a ship..... I would rule the Seas!
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Driving Freedom [Honk...HOoonK! ! ].......[Independent Driver's Thoughts; Humor/Humour] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak