Driving Freedom [Honk...HOoonK! ! ].......[Independent Driver's Thoughts; Humor/Humour]
Honk! Honk! Hooonk! ! Yes indeed, I just love to blow my horn;
it’s part of Driving Freedom..... the most fun I’ve had since being born.
But some people are such killjoys. Over “rules” their minds do linger.
In response to their “rules”..... and their dirty looks, I raise my middle finger!
If I want to spin my wheels till they smoke, so what? Forget “air pollution”.
If I can’t have freedom on the roads, why’d we fight The American Revolution?
Yeah, I’m driving in the left lane of a two lane road. (it’s practice) Who’s caring?
When I visit Dublin this Fall I plan to drive; I don’t want those Knuckleheads staring.
And I never use my turn signals..... so stay out of my way, Stupid!
Otherwise I may pretend you’re a Heart, and I’ll pretend I’m Cupid.
I guess by now you’ve gotten the idea. It’s MY road to drive....AS I PLEASE.
And rest assured, if I were Captain of a ship..... I would rule the Seas!
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Driving Freedom [Honk...HOoonK! ! ].......[Independent Driver's Thoughts; Humor/Humour] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Like attracts like, gajanan mishra
- Toad of my Pocket, Kelly Zion
- On A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Village song, Tony Adah
- It is best, hasmukh amathalal
- World Of Poetry, Savita Tyagi
- What Can You Teach?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Genus, Savita Tyagi
- Leave The T.V. Off, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Today I Am Grateful, Liilia Talts Morrison
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)