Darlene Walsh Poems
- The Monster Beneath The Bed What is that you're seeing in ...
- First Caress In purity, from my heart and soul I quest After...
- Last Trip I was a full day dead and quite content My last ...
- Half A Heart Why was I caught in your light My dim candle ...
- War Sun shines, fire glows Death rains, arrows of fire in ...
- I Am Death I work in silence I work with great noise I ...
- The Kiss I walked into the room and he was standing ...
I recently graduated from college and I am a very happy young newlywed. While life is most excellent now, my youth was very troubled.
I love to read and write, and hope someday to be an author. I very much enjoy poetry, but my real interests are in fantasy. I love reading and watching fantasy and sci/fi, especially while cuddling up with my husband. I currently work in landscaping ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Monster Beneath The Bed
What is that you're seeing
in the corner of your eye
Stealthful foot steps following
never passing by
In the corner of the mirror
watching when you blink
It is patient and silent
and deadlier than you think
It's biding time for years
until the time is ripe
Until you've grown enough
and are just the right type
When you have grown enough
to be a tasty morsel
From beneath the bed it comes
through a secret portal
In silence it is waiting
needing to be fed
Out in darkness slithering
from beneath your bed