Doc-You-Meant-Story...... [economy; humor...a bit? ; doctor/employee; revenge]
Doctor, you meant 10 mg, not 40, correct?
Why nurse Hayes, did you another mistake detect?
Correct it now please, as you usually do.
I just don’t know how I’d manage..... without you!
Nurse Hayes, our patient’s asleep now; time to cut.
There now, I’ve navigated around her gut.
But Doctor, it’s the LEFT kidney, not the right!
So it is Hayes. You’ve saved me quite..... a legal fight! !
[etc. etc....for years]
Doctor, I’ve worked for you now near twenty years.
The economy’s causing my family to have some fears.
It would mean so much to me to get a raise.
I remind you I’ve helped you..... in many ways.
Nurse Hayes, it’s true you’ve been the very best,
but the economy’s hurt my family with all the rest.
My daughter’s wedding gifts had to be silver, not gold, plate.
I value you highly Hayes, but a raise..... will have to wait.
[10 months later..... still no raise]
Nurse Hayes, in your absence I erred in a big case,
and now a malpractice suit I surely will face.
I’m sorry Doctor. I seem to have allowed your insurance to lapse.
Upon this news, the Doctor clutched at his chest..... and did collapse.
[penny wise and pound foolish! ]
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Doc-You-Meant-Story...... [economy; humor...a bit? ; doctor/employee; revenge] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Ebola! One Last Time, Peter Kimani
- India, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Counter Revolution in Cuba, Deborah Eker
- Pure love, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Man's Hat, Darren David Weaver
- tonight i write you with one sock on, Mandolyn ...
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
- The Typewriter, Patrick van der Loos
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)