Doc-You-Meant-Story...... [economy; humor...a bit? ; doctor/employee; revenge]
Doctor, you meant 10 mg, not 40, correct?
Why nurse Hayes, did you another mistake detect?
Correct it now please, as you usually do.
I just don’t know how I’d manage..... without you!
Nurse Hayes, our patient’s asleep now; time to cut.
There now, I’ve navigated around her gut.
But Doctor, it’s the LEFT kidney, not the right!
So it is Hayes. You’ve saved me quite..... a legal fight! !
[etc. etc....for years]
Doctor, I’ve worked for you now near twenty years.
The economy’s causing my family to have some fears.
It would mean so much to me to get a raise.
I remind you I’ve helped you..... in many ways.
Nurse Hayes, it’s true you’ve been the very best,
but the economy’s hurt my family with all the rest.
My daughter’s wedding gifts had to be silver, not gold, plate.
I value you highly Hayes, but a raise..... will have to wait.
[10 months later..... still no raise]
Nurse Hayes, in your absence I erred in a big case,
and now a malpractice suit I surely will face.
I’m sorry Doctor. I seem to have allowed your insurance to lapse.
Upon this news, the Doctor clutched at his chest..... and did collapse.
[penny wise and pound foolish! ]
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Doc-You-Meant-Story...... [economy; humor...a bit? ; doctor/employee; revenge] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- The Tiger, William Blake
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
Poem of the Day
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies