Doc-You-Meant-Story...... [economy; humor...a bit? ; doctor/employee; revenge]
Doctor, you meant 10 mg, not 40, correct?
Why nurse Hayes, did you another mistake detect?
Correct it now please, as you usually do.
I just don’t know how I’d manage..... without you!
Nurse Hayes, our patient’s asleep now; time to cut.
There now, I’ve navigated around her gut.
But Doctor, it’s the LEFT kidney, not the right!
So it is Hayes. You’ve saved me quite..... a legal fight! !
[etc. etc....for years]
Doctor, I’ve worked for you now near twenty years.
The economy’s causing my family to have some fears.
It would mean so much to me to get a raise.
I remind you I’ve helped you..... in many ways.
Nurse Hayes, it’s true you’ve been the very best,
but the economy’s hurt my family with all the rest.
My daughter’s wedding gifts had to be silver, not gold, plate.
I value you highly Hayes, but a raise..... will have to wait.
[10 months later..... still no raise]
Nurse Hayes, in your absence I erred in a big case,
and now a malpractice suit I surely will face.
I’m sorry Doctor. I seem to have allowed your insurance to lapse.
Upon this news, the Doctor clutched at his chest..... and did collapse.
[penny wise and pound foolish! ]
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Doc-You-Meant-Story...... [economy; humor...a bit? ; doctor/employee; revenge] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Suicide, Hans Raj Sharma
- Walls that never spoke before, Cee Bea
- Deep Purple II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Prayers!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I met a gentle lady, Cee Bea
- Made Openly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Story telling, Nassy Fesharaki
- affection and attraction, maharshi trivedi
- Alankar(Decor) -202, Indira Renganathan
- Embossed!, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- handles bermuda, rwetewrt erwtwer
- November, Thomas Hood
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)