Richard Crashaw (1612 - 1649 / England)
Divine Epigrams: To our Lord, upon the Water Made Wine
Thou water turn'st to wine, fair friend of life,
Thy foe, to cross the sweet arts of thy reign,
Distills from thence the tears of wrath and strife,
And so turns wine to water back again.
Richard Crashaw's Other Poems
- A Hymn to the Name and Honour of the Adm...
- A Song
- An Epitaph upon Husband and Wife
- An Epitaph upon Husband and Wife Who die...
- But Men Loved Darkness rather than Light
- Charitas Nimia; or, The Dear Bargain
- Christ Crucified
- Divine Epigrams: On the Baptized Ethiopi...
- Divine Epigrams: On the Miracle of the M...
- Divine Epigrams: Samson to his Delilah
- Divine Epigrams: To our Lord, upon the W...
- In the Holy Nativity of our Lord
- Music's Duel
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.