Dr. Antony Theodore
If You Die Before Me
If you die before me
I would jump down into your grave
And hug you so innocently
That angels will become jealous.
I shall kiss you
And press your body against me.
I shall shiver in your presence
I shall sweat and dance with you
In the nether world.
We shall dance soft and then wild.
We shall dance together.
As one body.
Dance so long and fine like a poem
Until the Lords of the dark world faint.
Then you will be free and fly away
From me into the world of the heavens
Where angels shall kiss your sacred body
Then you need no space to live and breathe.
Into that world of purity you will go
And I will be here on earth
Dreaming of your joys with
The Heavenly spirits.
Shall I wait
Shall I wait at dusk and dawn
with such desire and passion
To reach you oneday
in your world of happiness.
Dr. Antony Theodore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If You Die Before Me by Dr. Antony Theodore )
- Life's Lived Long Lessons, Katherine Nordhaus
- Nigah-e-naaz (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- चाँद रात में सैर, Rajnish Manga
- Passages of Time, Phil Soar
- Listening To Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You Are, Phil Soar
- Racing In A Yellow Cab, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Today, SALINI NAIR
- A Deep Knowing Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- People Are Crazy, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- alaska airlines, rwetewrt erwtwer
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)