Power Poems - Poems For Power
Poems about power. You can read the best power poems. Browse through all power poems.
The Power Of The Dog - Poem by Rudyard Kipling
There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie--
Perfect passion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.
When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet's unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find--it's your own affair--
But...you've given your heart for a dog to tear.
When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!);
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone--wherever it goes--for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart for the dog to tear.
We've sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-time loan is as bad as a long--
So why in Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?
Comments about The Power Of The Dog by Rudyard Kipling
Poems About Power
- 1. The Power Of The Dog , Rudyard Kipling
- 2. Power Of Love , Anne Brontë
- 3. I Have No Power , Nizar Qabbani
- 4. To Be Alive—is Power , Emily Dickinson
- 5. The Recuperative Power Of Youth. , Robert Crawford
- 6. The Poet Pleads With The Elemental Powers , William Butler Yeats
- 7. Had I The Power That Have The Will , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 8. Prayer—o Thou Dread Power , Robert Burns
- 9. Power Against Power , Rose Hawthorne Lathrop
- 10. The Power Of Woman , Friedrich Schiller
- 11. Sonnet 39 - Because Thou Hast The Power .. , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 12. The Life-Power , Louisa Sarah Bevington
- 13. Talking Of Power And Love , Paul Eluard
- 14. The Power To Be True To You , Emily Dickinson
- 15. Power Of Music , William Wordsworth
- 16. Power , Aleister Crowley
- 17. The Power Of Song , Friedrich Schiller
- 18. On Reading Crowds And Power , Geoffrey Hill
- 19. Cities And Thrones And Powers , Rudyard Kipling
- 20. Power , George MacDonald
- 21. I Took My Power In My Hand , Emily Dickinson
- 22. The Power Of Music , John Fletcher
- 23. Sonnet 94: They That Have Power To Hurt .. , William Shakespeare
- 24. Circe's Power , Louise Gluck
- 25. Is There A Power That Can Sustain And Ch.. , William Wordsworth
- 26. Power , Audre Lorde
- 27. The Power Of Science , James Brunton Stephens
- 28. Sonnet 126: O Thou, My Lovely Boy, Who I.. , William Shakespeare
- 29. Sonnet Xxxix. Power Of Faith , Thomas Cogswell Upham
- 30. Remember Him, Whom Passion's Power , George Gordon Byron
- 31. The Powers Of Love , George Moses Horton
- 32. The Power Of Prayer , Sidney Lanier
- 33. Sonnet 150: O From What Power Hast Thou .. , William Shakespeare
New Power Poems
- The Power Of My Love, Nikhil Parekh
- 2 Centimeters Of Brain, Nikhil Parekh
- Just 4 Alphabets, Nikhil Parekh
- Can You?, Nikhil Parekh
- He Was Every Person's Creator, Nikhil Parekh
- If Only I Could Win Every Heart, Nikhil Parekh
- Control Is Powered By Destiny, keanu kino
- The Only Power I Know, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Power The Collective Power., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Essays On Literature, alexander opicho
- carpe diem