Suman Kumar Das
As I Wish!
Papa says, ‘My son will be doctor’.
But Mom is in favour of engineer.
Uncle expects me to be sport star.
Again Aunt’s desire is singer.
All give me toffee. A hope I see,
On their eyes while feeding my tummy.
But wish I to fly with bird.
And to run with hart’s herd!
Miss teaches science, Sir maths,
School is to make me learn all the arts.
Can ye teach me to build mountain,
Or how to dig fountain!
Is there anyone to ask me?
What I want to be!
Suman Kumar Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (As I Wish! by Suman Kumar Das )
- Sips through lips, Aftab Alam
- The Mature Woman 2, Tex T Sarnie
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
- Thread of thought, Roann Mendriq
- Baking Bread, Roann Mendriq
- Completion, White Lily
- Tears, Michael McParland
- Spin of a coin, Tribhawan Kaul
- Knowing Fragments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)