Suman Kumar Das
As I Wish!
Papa says, ‘My son will be doctor’.
But Mom is in favour of engineer.
Uncle expects me to be sport star.
Again Aunt’s desire is singer.
All give me toffee. A hope I see,
On their eyes while feeding my tummy.
But wish I to fly with bird.
And to run with hart’s herd!
Miss teaches science, Sir maths,
School is to make me learn all the arts.
Can ye teach me to build mountain,
Or how to dig fountain!
Is there anyone to ask me?
What I want to be!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (As I Wish! by Suman Kumar Das )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hacked Off, Phil Soar
- punch the clock if you can make a fist, Mandolyn ...
- Tom The Badger, Phil Soar
- NotVery PC, Phil Soar
- Disguise, Aparna Chatterjee
- WHITE: The colour of pride, Mohammed Rakibul Hossain
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer