Suman Kumar Das
A message to Flowers
Hello! Blossoming flowers
of coming morn!
with rising Sun.
Presto! Fancy new dream
in the day light,
Otherwise you will fall down
in the dark night.
Carry on spreading
your sweet scent,
With loving heart
full of incessant grit.
Short life can give you
all laurels and honour.
As one lives in deed
not in year.
Do not boast of
your ancestors’ achievement.
Rather imitate their goodness
for the betterment.
Suman Kumar Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A message to Flowers by Suman Kumar Das )
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland