Suman Kumar Das
Song of Seasons
When my face turns pale
Blood comes out as sweat from cell,
She extends a heavenly hand
To ‘Autumn Azure’ over sea sand,
Making me smile with stunning scene
How calm! How serene!
My body becomes pristine.
When I fear in scary night
Within four walls without light,
East windows she opens
Evil ebbs as day dawns.
In appearance of ‘Summer Sun’
What power! What living burn!
Makes me bold warrior of morn.
When my heart gets hurt
Tears brim in eyes with regret.
She stops flying cloud
Sparks lightning, then thunder sound.
But never halts ‘Rainy River’
So patient! How flows further!
Says me to stay unruffled forever.
When my conscience clashes with mind
How cool! She invites ‘Winter Wind’
To freeze all my rage and lust.
To free squalor from my chest.
Also she calls ‘Spring Sparrow’
So sweet! Its chirps alleviate my sorrow.
So this song emerges from my Marrow.
Suman Kumar Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song of Seasons by Suman Kumar Das )
- Bipolar, louis rams
- Trying to Look, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Perfectly Imperfect, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Universal Muse, Saiom Shriver
- Explanation needed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- cliché, xxx xxx
- The Author To His Disconsolate Brother, Richard Brathwait
- God Visible In His Works, William Alexander
- An Invocation, William Alexander
- Aan Elegie On Dr. Ravis, Bishop of London, Richard Corbet
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns