Suman Kumar Das
Song of Seasons
When my face turns pale
Blood comes out as sweat from cell,
She extends a heavenly hand
To ‘Autumn Azure’ over sea sand,
Making me smile with stunning scene
How calm! How serene!
My body becomes pristine.
When I fear in scary night
Within four walls without light,
East windows she opens
Evil ebbs as day dawns.
In appearance of ‘Summer Sun’
What power! What living burn!
Makes me bold warrior of morn.
When my heart gets hurt
Tears brim in eyes with regret.
She stops flying cloud
Sparks lightning, then thunder sound.
But never halts ‘Rainy River’
So patient! How flows further!
Says me to stay unruffled forever.
When my conscience clashes with mind
How cool! She invites ‘Winter Wind’
To freeze all my rage and lust.
To free squalor from my chest.
Also she calls ‘Spring Sparrow’
So sweet! Its chirps alleviate my sorrow.
So this song emerges from my Marrow.
Suman Kumar Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song of Seasons by Suman Kumar Das )
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The basic ideas Turned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- He feigned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The echoes plained, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Still here Still here?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I, the Poet-Seer, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Desperation does what long years Do not .., Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Clock Is Fast Turning, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Emotions occurrences, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)