'Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder'
Time is our enemy…
And it seems that she is a dark shade of jealous green.
Dolling out our precious moments,
like nothing I’ve ever seen.
But to know you smile, when you see my name…
Or when you read my words, chosen so carefully, you know-
That our that time is not wasted, that our heart songs are the same.
A photograph… With your smile, your eyes sparkling with emotions of
And a longing, that makes each word I say-
Fill your body with an intense, burning fire.
Yes, time takes no prisoners…
And we are subject to her every mood and whim,
But together, we shall keep our hearts warm, and the fires burning…
When time’s light grows dim.
As the minutes turn into hours, hours into days,
We cling to the hope, the dream-
Of that magical moment, when our lips touch, our hearts meet,
And our eyes feast upon each other’s gaze.
And so we cling to our motto, our mantra-
Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so time is not our foe.
And we hold on to the dream of better days…
Never doubting, never giving up, never letting each other go.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder' by Kelly Seale )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 March 1941 -)
Mary Elizabeth Frye
(13 November, 1905 - 15 September 2004)
- Mark Strand
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- God Only Knows!, Mohit Sharma
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- With gun yielding, hasmukh amathalal
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal
- It isn't to launder my clothes, Mark Heathcote
- Tell Me, Amanda Purczynski
- For My Countrymen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- boy, love on this, Mandolyn ...
- To Purge, Amanda Purczynski