'Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder'
Time is our enemy…
And it seems that she is a dark shade of jealous green.
Dolling out our precious moments,
like nothing I’ve ever seen.
But to know you smile, when you see my name…
Or when you read my words, chosen so carefully, you know-
That our that time is not wasted, that our heart songs are the same.
A photograph… With your smile, your eyes sparkling with emotions of
And a longing, that makes each word I say-
Fill your body with an intense, burning fire.
Yes, time takes no prisoners…
And we are subject to her every mood and whim,
But together, we shall keep our hearts warm, and the fires burning…
When time’s light grows dim.
As the minutes turn into hours, hours into days,
We cling to the hope, the dream-
Of that magical moment, when our lips touch, our hearts meet,
And our eyes feast upon each other’s gaze.
And so we cling to our motto, our mantra-
Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so time is not our foe.
And we hold on to the dream of better days…
Never doubting, never giving up, never letting each other go.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder' by Kelly Seale )
- My address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till you come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah
- Your Party, Dog goD 8Hate