There is a girl who I hate.
There is a girl who has blue eyes.
There is a girl who has blonde hair.
There is only one person I hold this hate for.
And that girl is the girl in the mirror.
The one who everyone thinks is perfect.
When she herself doesn't even think she is.
She asks herself why?
She asks them that too.
And still not an answer she wants to hear is told to her.
She tells herself she is not pretty.
She asks and they tell.
They tell nothing but lies.
Lies they think they can say and not have her get hurt.
The truth she knows.
The simple answer might hurt but,
really why not have the truth instead of another lie.
Kelsea Osterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Girl by Kelsea Osterman )
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
- Cheenti ki maut (Hindi) चींटी की मौत, S.D. TIWARI
- Even If You're Not A Poet, Call You That.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Truly Love you, Michael McParland
- The Third Person, Latha Krishnan
- This Body And This Mind, Neela Nath
- Quest, Neela Nath
- Latte Dazed Saint, John F. McCullagh
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)