There is a girl who I hate.
There is a girl who has blue eyes.
There is a girl who has blonde hair.
There is only one person I hold this hate for.
And that girl is the girl in the mirror.
The one who everyone thinks is perfect.
When she herself doesn't even think she is.
She asks herself why?
She asks them that too.
And still not an answer she wants to hear is told to her.
She tells herself she is not pretty.
She asks and they tell.
They tell nothing but lies.
Lies they think they can say and not have her get hurt.
The truth she knows.
The simple answer might hurt but,
really why not have the truth instead of another lie.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Girl by Kelsea Osterman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mirror, piumi wijenayake
- A Violent Society, Gillian Commerford
- No terror, gajanan mishra
- Anti-social, Gillian Commerford
- Over crowded, hasmukh amathalal
- أمطار الدم, سميح القاسم
- Voices, Gillian Commerford
- The strength is, gajanan mishra
- Alone, Gillian Commerford
- Being To Dawns And Clouds Blind, Vsevolod Rozhdestvensky