A lover's Tale
What was once a happy ending is now a sad little story.
She remembered every second that she had spent with him.
With every slash at her wrists,
she remebered the feel of his hands on her.
His soft lips as they captured her's over and over again.
While watching the tears fall she saw the rain fall,
just like the day he left her.
The day he broke her heart.
The day she knew she could never live another day without him.
So as the red blood flowed down her arm,
she saw the forever flowing river of her love for him.
As the tears countinued to fall she saw her.
She saw the face of a girl she didn't know.
She saw the pretty face of the girl she once was.
And as she tried to clear her head she looked again
and saw the girl she was now.
The independent, pretty girl was gone and
in her place was the sad, little helpless girl.
And that sad little girl was the girl she let herself become.
And as her blood rushed from her body
to mingle with the endless flow of tears she saw him.
He walked through the door.
He held her in his arms just like he did before.
And with her last few breaths she said 'I love you.'
And there she was dying in the arms of the man that she loved.
And as life started to slip away she noticed something.
It a single tear slowly making its way down her lover's cheek.
As the tears begain to flow down his cheeks he whispered
'I'm so sorry, I never meant to hurt you.
And I love you so much.
I'm sorry it took me so long to see that I really do love you.'
She shut her eyes and said her final goodbye.
And just before she died she heard one thing.
She heard a single shot and that was that.
Kelsea Osterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A lover's Tale by Kelsea Osterman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Rainbow, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Cut Myself While Shaving, Kyle Schlicher
- The Basket Weavers, Holly Wotherspoon
- Eternal Life, Michael P. McParland
- Enriched, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Lights, Meriam Joseph
- 12/12/13, Andy Sayasone
- Endless Deep Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Empty Nights, Michael P. McParland
- You Are......, Michael P. McParland
- आतंकवाद और उसका मज़हब (Terrorism and its.., Pawan Kumar Bharti