Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
A Form With No Form (Poem On Nigeria's Flood 2012)
In the beginning, was so dark
Roaming three-sixty on no mark
A form with no Genesis form
Waving virginly with no storm.
But someday, it towered the ark
Wearing no mercy for a slack
A grace to the earth swiftly come
Gulping all fully as awesome.
To come and be gone, crept aback
Handsing up in its victory mark
A ruthless attack with no form
Filling mother earth for her norms.
All these I now recall aback
Pondering this my nation's attack
Land formerly atop the form
Turning a mass below the form.
The formless form blew us as bad
Numbing us with its sudden wag
As grasses spring up in the morn
Wowing us in their being born.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Form With No Form (Poem On Nigeria's Flood 2012) by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- You Are Your School, Lucy Azubuike
- Moon at Morning, Susan Stewart
- Splendid Colors of Life, Seema Chowdhury
- The Power of Silence, mark anthony st. rose
- White Marbles on Life's Floor, Seema Chowdhury
- Gift, Slavisa Bajcer
- There's Always Something New, Seema Chowdhury
- मेरी साँसो की कविता में, Lalit Kaira
- Heal and seal, hasmukh amathalal
- मैं एक फूल हूँ कांटो से, जिसकी नातेदार.., Aftab Alam