Li Po (701-762 / Chu / Kazakhstan)
A Farewell To Secretary Shuyun At The Xietiao Villa In Xuanzhou
Since yesterday had to throw me and bolt,
Today has hurt my heart even more.
The autumn wild geese have a long wind for escort
As I face them from this villa, drinking my wine.
The bones of great writers are your brushes, in the School of Heaven,
And I am a Lesser Xie growing up by your side.
We both are exalted to distant thought,
Aspiring to the sky and the bright moon.
But since water still flows, though we cut it with our swords,
And sorrows return, though we drown them with wine,
Since the world can in no way answer our craving,
I will loosen my hair tomorrow and take to a fishing boat.
Poet Other Poems
- A Farewell To Secretary Shuyun At The Xi...
- A Mountain Revelry
- A Song Of An Autumn Midnight
- A Song Of Changgan
- A Vindication
- About Tu Fu
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon
- Alone Looking at the Mountain
- Amidst The Flowers A Jug Of Wine
- Autumn River Song
- Ballads Of Four Seasons: Spring
- Ballads Of Four Seasons: Summer
- Ballads Of Four Seasons: Winter
- Bathed and Washed
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.