You Promised Me
She whispers charms to the wind
From the second floor's fire escape
Her heart has been broken so many times
and now once more.
His soul dances in the aurora borealis
and is challenged, he can no longer
be more, all is, born as all is.
He made and kept eye contact
She looked at him with no change.
He remembers it so strange,
Hey! , Hey!
Star's fire flickers faintly for a faithless heart.
So cold their breath upon my face.
Their kiss feathers faultlessly upon my lips.
Ten good reasons to stay alive?
To the rose that feeds the bee,
steals the heart away...
You are deeper than skin,
You promised me.
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Promised Me by Midnights Voice )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns