You Promised Me
She whispers charms to the wind
From the second floor's fire escape
Her heart has been broken so many times
and now once more.
His soul dances in the aurora borealis
and is challenged, he can no longer
be more, all is, born as all is.
He made and kept eye contact
She looked at him with no change.
He remembers it so strange,
Hey! , Hey!
Star's fire flickers faintly for a faithless heart.
So cold their breath upon my face.
Their kiss feathers faultlessly upon my lips.
Ten good reasons to stay alive?
To the rose that feeds the bee,
steals the heart away...
You are deeper than skin,
You promised me.
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Promised Me by Midnights Voice )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
Poem of the Day
- Spitwads, Michael McFee
- Christmas Parties, Marilyn Lott
- Thought Web, Aftab Alam
- The University of Essex, Tom Raworth
- The Bridal Dance, Tony Adah
- Marcus Aurelius Rose, Lisa Jarnot
- Victoria Spivey's, David McLansky
- The Land, Marites C. Cayetano
- Touch and claim, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes