When I Think of You
I picture your wet, coal-black nose,
I see your shining, intelligent eyes,
I visualize your sable-colored ears,
I picture your long, graceful body.
And I see your tail, waving, like a flag.
I imagine how you would wake me up:
By licking me gently, until I awake.
Throwing back my covers,
I allow you to lie upon my bed,
All the while I get ready for the day.
Keiko, my darling girl,
You are a sweet bundle of love,
With a taste for food,
The most charming dog I have ever had,
My heart, is all for you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Perhaps poems might be more enjoyable when they are written from the heart?
Comments about this poem (When I Think of You by Cassandra Jasmine )
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak