Where lies friendship,
There lies communication.
However, with communication lost,
Friendship dwindles along with it.
I first thought that we were friends.
Now, perhaps, I know differently.
As awkwardly as an ant trying to fly,
Our relationship was strained to few or no words.
We were once inseparable.
We once had a fierce bond with each other.
But that has all withered,
Yet I know not why.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Broken Friendship by Cassandra Jasmine )
- I Always Looked Upon Them With Pity And .., Shalom Freedman
- False, Neela Nath
- A woman is going, gajanan mishra
- Like Opium, michael walkerjohn
- Conscious Love~~~, Mr. Nobody
- The Name's Bond, James Bond!, Denis Martindale
- Time's Mend, michael walkerjohn
- The One-Legged Surfer, Mr. Nobody
- As an alternattive, hasmukh amathalal
- This station has no name, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Question, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)