You held me in your arms when I was upset.
You soothed me when I was angered.
You embraced me when we came in contact.
What more can I ask?
You vowed to stay besides me, to caress me, to protect me.
In your arms that day, I felt safe, and sound.
The next day,
I saw my best friend in your arms.
The way you held her, so full of lust, adoration, and love.
Flashbacks of your promises, our promises, played through my head.
Your promises, your vows, meant nothing to me now.
The way you held her, your voice when you spoke to her,
Was like honey, flowing down a river.
All I could do,
Was hang my head in shame.
I was ashamed to have trusted you, the way I lavished my attention upon you, the time, the effort, and my feelings.
You gave not one thought.
I trusted you. I loved you.
But you, with your flitting attention,
Threw my love down the drain.
I will forever have a space for you in my heart,
But I will leave you, as you me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Betrayal by Cassandra Jasmine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh
- Elegy of a crafted death, Shruti Goswami
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar