My friends here,
Are the shiniest of diamonds,
They are sparkling topazes,
They are priceless gems.
An annoying me,
Yet you all tolerate it.
Like a fresh-mown lawn,
Being dug up by a gofer.
You understand me.
You help me,
And I am full of gratitude.
To all of you
Who helped me,
With comments and all,
To becoming a better writer.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
1) Beach Girl - Fairly generous with comments
2) Goldheart Bird - The dearest sister ever
3) Alookh :) - The brother I never had
4) Alisha Alphonse - Kind, funny, and very, very helpful!
5) Abhishek Kumar - Kind, supportive, and fun to talk to :)
6) And last but not least, Mr. Khairul Ahsan - Whom ever so often comments on my poems, and lets me know where I have done 'nice', or 'not bad'.
Thank you everyone!
Comments about this poem (My Friends by Cassandra Jasmine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Born Again, Tony Adah
- I care less, hasmukh amathalal
- Final Page, RoseAnn V. Shawiak