Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams
Victoria Elizabeth Smith (30th September 2011,10.43pm)
I held my breath and opened my eyes to look into the mirror.
I was scared, it was the first time doing this since you left.
I didn't look right, I didn't look like any kind of winner.
It was look the light from my eyes and soul had also left.
It wasn't that surprising. I just lost my kin.
I couldn't cry when you went away.
Had to keep all those emotions at bay.
I had to stay strong, everyone else needed me today.
Though seeing you there, the way you lay…
My heart broke, in every single type of way.
My breathing stopped, I plainly just forgot how.
The tears fell and my strong exterior fell to pieces.
I promised myself I wouldn't, but wow.
It happened so fast, I didn't even have time to catch the pieces.
You were the guiding light I grew up with.
You were the angel I depended on.
I took you for granted, so God took away all that he did give.
But it's not all tears, Nan, as there is one thing I've come to realize.
I still have your eyes..
Nothing has been right since you left.
Can't find the will to do anything, so I've ended up mostly alone
Don't feel like being my best..
What is that anyway? I'm not all that good. I've felt so…On my own.
Where are you?
Can you even hear me any more?
I used to love it when I was you baby to tickle and coo.
God took you, and..atleast for me, closed that door.
You forgive me, right?
You taught me so much, but I think I've lost the will to fight.
Night night Nanny. Sweet dreams.
Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Victoria Elizabeth Smith (30th September 2011,10.43pm) by Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A Mother's Loneliness, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- God ia not all macho, kalemeera collins
- My mom, Meenakshi Hariharan
- 2006 Tsunami, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Yes, I am emotional, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Perspective, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Let the music play on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Girl's Proposal, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Man, Katherina Palomo
- Move on, Edward Clapham