Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams
Victoria Elizabeth Smith (30th September 2011,10.43pm)
I held my breath and opened my eyes to look into the mirror.
I was scared, it was the first time doing this since you left.
I didn't look right, I didn't look like any kind of winner.
It was look the light from my eyes and soul had also left.
It wasn't that surprising. I just lost my kin.
I couldn't cry when you went away.
Had to keep all those emotions at bay.
I had to stay strong, everyone else needed me today.
Though seeing you there, the way you lay…
My heart broke, in every single type of way.
My breathing stopped, I plainly just forgot how.
The tears fell and my strong exterior fell to pieces.
I promised myself I wouldn't, but wow.
It happened so fast, I didn't even have time to catch the pieces.
You were the guiding light I grew up with.
You were the angel I depended on.
I took you for granted, so God took away all that he did give.
But it's not all tears, Nan, as there is one thing I've come to realize.
I still have your eyes..
Nothing has been right since you left.
Can't find the will to do anything, so I've ended up mostly alone
Don't feel like being my best..
What is that anyway? I'm not all that good. I've felt so…On my own.
Where are you?
Can you even hear me any more?
I used to love it when I was you baby to tickle and coo.
God took you, and..atleast for me, closed that door.
You forgive me, right?
You taught me so much, but I think I've lost the will to fight.
Night night Nanny. Sweet dreams.
Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Victoria Elizabeth Smith (30th September 2011,10.43pm) by Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- WATER MUSIC, I. _ ['Musiche sull'Acqua'.., Fabrizio Frosini
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- My other half, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak