Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams
Victoria Elizabeth Smith (30th September 2011,10.43pm)
I held my breath and opened my eyes to look into the mirror.
I was scared, it was the first time doing this since you left.
I didn't look right, I didn't look like any kind of winner.
It was look the light from my eyes and soul had also left.
It wasn't that surprising. I just lost my kin.
I couldn't cry when you went away.
Had to keep all those emotions at bay.
I had to stay strong, everyone else needed me today.
Though seeing you there, the way you lay…
My heart broke, in every single type of way.
My breathing stopped, I plainly just forgot how.
The tears fell and my strong exterior fell to pieces.
I promised myself I wouldn't, but wow.
It happened so fast, I didn't even have time to catch the pieces.
You were the guiding light I grew up with.
You were the angel I depended on.
I took you for granted, so God took away all that he did give.
But it's not all tears, Nan, as there is one thing I've come to realize.
I still have your eyes..
Nothing has been right since you left.
Can't find the will to do anything, so I've ended up mostly alone
Don't feel like being my best..
What is that anyway? I'm not all that good. I've felt so…On my own.
Where are you?
Can you even hear me any more?
I used to love it when I was you baby to tickle and coo.
God took you, and..atleast for me, closed that door.
You forgive me, right?
You taught me so much, but I think I've lost the will to fight.
Night night Nanny. Sweet dreams.
Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Victoria Elizabeth Smith (30th September 2011,10.43pm) by Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams )
- Rijles, Madrason writer
- Game On Us, Malaya Roses
- MATHS; Mental Attack To Healthy Students?, Anishka Singh
- ಕುಮಾರ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- The Lion Tamer - Extract from Phantasmag.., Matthew Lawler
- The Joy Of Christmas, Joseph Ogbonna
- Fearsome route, gajanan mishra
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1886 - 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)