Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams
I remember a few things.
Not a lot.
But a few.
The things we used to do.
All three of us.
Power of three,
mad as could be.
You taught me to talk.
He taught me to be a princess.
You taught me to stand on my own two feet.
He taught me to balance.
You both, taught me almost everything.
I can't drive past your house.
It's just too much.
Too Many Memories.
The way you cooked.
The way we all laughed.
The way the birds chirped in the background.
And the dog's at our feet.
The way you two spilt..
You thought I didn't notice. Didn't you?
You thought I didn't hear the arguments you had.
Or you crying at night.
But it's alright. I may have been young, but I understood.
You loved each other. Just not.. together.
Bullet ants have nothing on this feeling inside.
Bullets can't hurt me.
Losing you two hurt worse.
You were apart.
But we all stayed happy.
I was still princess.
Princess of you both.
Queen of nothing.
Years went by.
He died first.
I tried to die with him.
Even though you didn't know..
You were there.
You helped me.
Now you're not either.
I shan't try this time.
I know you still have things planned for me.
The power of three,
we shan't die..
Shall we? …
Sweet dreams to you both.
Sweet dreams like you gave me.
A kiss on the forehead.
A strong hug goodnight.
A long drone of the heart monitor..
Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories by Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Best Test, John Shea
- peace in the battle field..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Refueling My Soul, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God I'll Bake For You, Mr. Nobody
- Exploitation, Akhtar Jawad
- Kill not, kill not, gajanan mishra
- Too filmy, hasmukh amathalal
- What is life we know not, gajanan mishra
- Liberties, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Somebody is Shooting Our Children, Hebert Logerie