Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams
I remember a few things.
Not a lot.
But a few.
The things we used to do.
All three of us.
Power of three,
mad as could be.
You taught me to talk.
He taught me to be a princess.
You taught me to stand on my own two feet.
He taught me to balance.
You both, taught me almost everything.
I can't drive past your house.
It's just too much.
Too Many Memories.
The way you cooked.
The way we all laughed.
The way the birds chirped in the background.
And the dog's at our feet.
The way you two spilt..
You thought I didn't notice. Didn't you?
You thought I didn't hear the arguments you had.
Or you crying at night.
But it's alright. I may have been young, but I understood.
You loved each other. Just not.. together.
Bullet ants have nothing on this feeling inside.
Bullets can't hurt me.
Losing you two hurt worse.
You were apart.
But we all stayed happy.
I was still princess.
Princess of you both.
Queen of nothing.
Years went by.
He died first.
I tried to die with him.
Even though you didn't know..
You were there.
You helped me.
Now you're not either.
I shan't try this time.
I know you still have things planned for me.
The power of three,
we shan't die..
Shall we? …
Sweet dreams to you both.
Sweet dreams like you gave me.
A kiss on the forehead.
A strong hug goodnight.
A long drone of the heart monitor..
Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories by Natasha Elizabeth Beatrice Williams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Prayers To Lord Murugan, A. K. Ramanujan
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR